Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Anti-bullfighting

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by antitude420, May 23, 2010.

1. Bunny

Bunny Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 13, 2010

Because people like tradition, it's a nice way to justify things you know are wrong. Bullfighting, dogfighting, cockfighting, racing horses or greyhounds,everyone knows its wrong and that its painful for the animals but people make money off it and they don't want to have that source of income taken away, and what better way to do that then mask it with the words tradition or cultural?
    Once you can convince someone that by removing bullfighting (or whatever cruel act) that they are taking away an important part of their culture, they'll be up in arms to defend it not matter how well they know that it is cruel and unnecessary.
    Showing people that this isn't something to be proud of is really the first step and show them just how much these animals suffer for their half hour of entertainment.

2. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

I dont know if any of you checked out the videos i posted in the other thread that was locked. I couldnt tell there was one because that stupid ass banner that comes up when highlighting shit to the left blocked it from me seeing it before i posted the videos. Anyways, you should check them out. And look at the cover of the New York Post!!

3. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    This is Vegetarian Barbarian's post, and the links since they are important for people to see.
    York Post!!

4. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    at least the bulls get some revenge in Pamplona...

5. OB Soul

OB Soul Active Member Forum Member

May 23, 2010

I'm totally turning the last frame of that video into a stencil. \m/

6. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

I really don't get the point of this "sport" exactly whats the point of it??

7. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullfighting

8. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Dude, if you can look at yesterdays NEW YORK POST picture. You could turn that into a stencil, that'd be badass

9. Wooly

Wooly Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 24, 2010

Well i know in Australia they have laws in place banning the harming and killing of animals for entertainment. I know a few years back they were filming some kind of "Celebrity survivor" show here, and one of the contestants killed and cooked a rat on camera. There was an animal rights uproar and i think the producers of the show got fined or something. Its hard to think that in Australia there is an uproar over killing a rat for food, whilst in other countries its perfectly normal to pay money to go see a bull be killed purely for entertainment, as if it was a game of football or something.

10. OB Soul

May 23, 2010

I found both that one and the wider shot that gets all of the bull and matador. i think i'm doin the wider one, it'll be a more powerful image

The zoomed shot

and the wide shot

11. stinagen

stinagen Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 6, 2009

although i don't wish suffering or pain to any person or animal
    it serves that fucker right!

12. OB Soul

May 23, 2010

a bit more abstract than i originally intended, but Finished none the less. :D

13. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    nice, unless you expect people to know what it is... if not for the thread title i wouldn't know what it is, and even then i still don't see it...

14. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

But it's supposed to be made in layers of different colors, right? Then it will be visible.

15. OB Soul

May 23, 2010

honestly I just abstracted it a bit too much trying to make it more about the movement and beauty of the image than what it actually is of, so the figures got lost. I think I'm going to do a more literal version as well.

I didn't think of that initially, but the idea is that it's free to do what you want with, so if someone wanted to that would be cool ;)

16. DrunkSquid

DrunkSquid Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 11, 2009

you hit the nail on the head friend.

17. t-bag

t-bag Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 24, 2009

It is disgusting and cruel. I don't like see anyone hurt but when one of those fighters gets gorged...i can't help but think. You deserved that,bastard.

18. socratesisacuntface

socratesisacuntface New Member New Member

Jun 22, 2010

I think bullfighting is fucked uup, what kind of right have the bullfighter to torture the bull that way, i think bullfighting should be illegal, and if someone was caught making a bullfight, they should send the bull kick his ass

19. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    its weird because most places dogfights and cockfights are illeagel, yet bullfighting isn't.

20. socratesisacuntface

socratesisacuntface New Member New Member

Jun 22, 2010

yeah, thats the most ironic thing of all, i think the people that do those kinds of things have no respect for animals, they should be treated like shit ...