Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

School System

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by Raise Your Fist, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Raise Your Fist

Raise Your Fist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 11, 2010

I am really frustrated with this school bullshit.
    It pisses me off that "officials" have the right
    to tell everyone what they NEED to know.
    Ive learned more from this website than anything ive learned at
    school. I dont know if this is in the right section. I just want
    to know what you guys think.

2. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    lol i got bannished from all schools in my region because i had anarchist opinion when i was 15 ans i never came back.

They wanted to disallow me to wear anarchist t-shirts even if there is no school rule against it so i protested and wore a t-shirt saying "this school doesn't let me the freedom to express my political opinion". Also, the director was a right wing asshole and he didn't want to let me wear anti-nazi t-shirts, he's stupid and couldnt find a reason he was saying that the young kids might be confused and think i'm a nazi.... hey wow there are no-smoking signs everywhere in the school, if they can understand it they can understand my t-shirt...

i even printed the chart of the freedoms and rights but it didn't convice him.... after i got kicked out they forced everyone to have uniforms hahahahah

3. Raise Your Fist

Apr 11, 2010

I hate those control freak bastards.
    Hopefully when shit breaks loose, they'll
    be first to die. funny story. my friend wears this shirt
    to school every day with a gun on it. our school gives him
    a shirt to borrow, making him change it. his closet has like 50
    shirts hes stolen from my dumbass school. idiots. kids obviously
    play violent videogames and what not. what harm can a shirt do to anyone?

4. Bunny

Bunny Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 13, 2010

Schools don't like the idea of people in general, all schools have an agenda and its to train students for the corporate world. Students are told where to go and what time to be there by bells, are given busy work with no educational purpose, and are taught what a board somewhere decides.
    I remember right after i graduated high school, my psychology teacher got fired. Why? Because he would sit and tell us how much he disapproved of the school system and all the bullshit that went now, and he started a philosophy club which the school board disliked. The school is similar to religion in my opinion, you are given a set of rules by an authority, are told what to think, what to believe, and are taught only certain things. They are afraid of things that promote thought outside of what they teach and that people will start to question them.
    Of course you'll get in trouble for a shirt because of what it has on it, an anarchist shirt shows that you are against their authority and that scares them shitless. A shirt with a gun depicts violence and they would rather make a spectacle of that rather then deal with the bully that goes on everyday in schools.
    I heard that in texas, they cut out sections about slavery and abolition because they felt it was too left-wing. Now we'll have a new bundle of racist kids. Nice to see schools are paving the way for our youth.

5. rude-boy

rude-boy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 12, 2010

i unno i was pretty much at school to sell drugs and have fun as much as i could. hence i never finished high school. but i made a shit ton of money.now i look back at my old high school which had a pretty decent rep for being a crazy school since we had all the native kids. and its become a huge pussy school. we used to have 4 big ass security guards there making sure people did not fuck around. i would have to bribe them every month so i they would not raid me pretty much,. now its a bunch of volinteer moms. the school pretty much kicked a bunch of the badder kids out and put in uniforms and all kinds of new rules and really cracked down on the kids.

6. Lunadimae

Lunadimae Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 1, 2010

Right-Wing Christian Maronite School. Shit.

-We have to wear uniforms which get easily torn,
    - Attending Christian Religious classes is a must even if you are a Muslim or an Atheist.
    - get called "little ones", "Petit", "Idiots", and "Stupid"
    - get snapped at like dogs in order to stand in line correctly
    -have to stand 10 minutes for the bell rings
    -you have to piss on walls in the bathroom (seriously)
    -get taught government propaganda,
    -have to always get new shoes (but I still wear the same one since last year) and not allowed to wear any snickers
    - no hairstyles except the normal "put down" style,
    -shirts have to be under your pants
    - when you get detention you have to pay around 1.5$
    -school trips consist of visiting monastries and churches with an obliged 6$ fee (even if you did not go)
    - you can get hit and slapped by a teacher (which turns into many fights between students and teachers, happened to me once)
    - you can get kicked out of calss for no reason at all
    - bathrooms are outside (a basketball field across from classes)
    - water taps are filled with moss, gum, and assorted slime that they do not clean and you are told to drink from
    - no heaters

and I can go on and on.

Schools suck, I'm planning to quit school this year or the next, it does nothing but humiliate an individual and does not promote free speech AT ALL, it's nothing but a rehabilitation center for indoctrination, they tell you how to be and how not to be, and even bash Homosexuals a lot to a degree that anyone who is a homosexual who be really ashamed.

7. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    i actually graduated from high school, a real one, but not after getting kicked out and suspended and sent to another school for a semester because of marijuana possession. I also took all the easy classes and didn't bother to try very hard. I had a lot of fun though, my favorite courses were cutting class, smoking off campus, going to school high, and writing anarcho minded essays, getting suspended for protesting the dress code, etc.. The only real reason i stuck with it was for my parents. But in hindsight, that wasn't a great reason. You have to decide if you are willing to play by their rules, and if not, it's no big deal. In the usa it is easy to get an equivilancy if you feel u need one for whatever reason. I had one teacher who stands out to me as being a great teacher. he was a history teacher who told the truth and didn't try to pretend that everything in USA history was right. (ironically he was also the one teacher i remeber who smoked, and drank, i later saw him at AA Meetings.) He earned my respect as a result. Few if any other teachers did.

So yeah, i rambled on a bit, but you are right in hating the school system and being distrustful of it. If you have to go to school, be subversive, but have fun. Once your an adult, life sucks 100 times more.

8. colton_and

colton_and Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 24, 2010

I dont think anyone goes to school to acctualy learn, i sure dont. My parents make me do everything how they want so i dont have many options. In this stupid society, you wont get far if you dont finish high school, let alone go to college or university. The school board doesnt even realise how stupid there system is, thankfully my school isnt terrible but they cal the cops if they find you high.

9. rude-boy

Mar 12, 2010

ha! a teacher that teaches art in billings(ocan public english high school) she just got arrested for harbering an illigal person from the states who snuck into canada. but while they were at the house in the basment they found a weed grow op and a working meth lab.

chick could have blown up the whole block. where i love the houses are close to each other. they could have killed so many people.

10. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

School, well, just prison time really.

11. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

My school is uber-liberal. The only dresscode law they have brought down on me was for a black balaclava (bastards). Other then that its a pretty solid school. But a pretty solid school is like a pretty solid dictator. So there is a good chance I'm going to try unschooling. If not there is a good chance I'm going to drop out the first chance I get. I don't think I'm meant to work...... My work habits are horrible and I think about suicide all day at school. I need out.

12. rude-boy

Mar 12, 2010

ya my high school used to not have a dress code. it took a month or two of wearing my vest and them punishing me for it before they stoped caring....

13. Rhube

Rhube Active Member Forum Member

Feb 5, 2010

OH GOD, DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED.

I'm sure I've posted about how much I hate school on the website like, 3 times at least.
    But really,
    All they're trying to teach you is to be obedient. That's it.
    And I'm sure every teacher starts with good intentions, or I'd at least hope so, but they all end out being fiery cunts who make up arbitrary rules so they can control you.

In middle school, I was suspended 3 times.
    The first time was because they asked me to change my shirt, and I said no. And they asked like, 5 more times, saying they'd give me another chance, and I just kept saying no.
    The thing was, at that time, I was still recovering from severe depression, and abuse as a child, so I wasn't able to express myself properly. If I was sent to the office, I couldn't even talk to them without bursting in to tears because I was so angry. So the only times I would talk would be to say yes or no, or one word answers. I wanted to say so much, but I couldn't. I took every bit of will power inside me to say no to them, and they suspended me.
    So, okay. What can you do?
    The next time, though, was actually for no reason. My principal was just crazy and had a vendetta against me because I skipped a lot of detentions, and didn't really take it seriously.
    I came from an alternative primary school, though. We were very free there, so I got to middle school, and just didn't really care what kind of punishments they gave me, if I didn't like them, I didn't do them.

So anyway, I get to highschool with this whole new outlook after leaving middle school to be homeschooled for a year. (Barely homeschooling. My parents got me to do maybe like, 3 things for the whole year. 1. Listen to 8 hours of the history of punk, and write an essay about it, 2. write an essay about muffins, and 3. Take a french course, drop the french course because the internet was distracting me too much.)
    But Yeah, I had been suspended for a third time, because I got mixed in with the wrong crowd (The gossiping, backstabbing, miniskirt-wearing types) and did something horrible.
    This pretty much turned me right around, and I was healed, and good, a respectful, and ready for highschool. I thought it would be so much more freedom.
    I lasted about a year and a half.
    After that, I was fine, I just figured I had to get through two more years, and I'd be able to go get my Ph.D.
    However, when I realised that standing for the national anthem was wrong, because I don't believe in nationalism, that's when things went downhill.
    That's what ended up turning me towards anarchy. The situation gave me a whole new outlook.
    So the administration telling me I couldn't not stand, because it was in the ontario school legislation act, and I wasn't 18 (What's that? You're a minor? Oh dear, too young to form your own opinions!) plunged me in to a pit of depression.
    So basically, I would go to class, ask to go to the bathroom, and not come back until there were 5 more minutes of class.
    It was the only way to keep me from getting pissed off.

One day, I went to the library on one of these "bathroom breaks" and sat on the windowsill, like I normally did.
    A teacher decided that this was not okay, and told me to get down.
    I asked why, she said because she said so, I asked why again.
    Now, at this point, I had lost all faith. I wasn't willing to put in the energy towards being respectful.
    So I just pretty much yelled at her about making arbitrary rules because she was a power hungry bitch, and there was no reason for me to get off, because I wasn't going to fall through the window of some shit like that.

So I decided the only way for me to be happy was to leave.
    I was done with highschool for good.
    I wasn't going to get my Ph.D, I wasn't going to be a psychologist.
    So I dropped out, and figured I could study psychology independantly, and find a food service job to save up for piercing school.

I had to get away from them. I can't stand the unifromity they demand.
    They encourage you to fight for what you believe in, and then as soon as you do, if they don't agree with you, then they threaten to suspend you, or take away your freedoms.
    It's like, somehow schools are free from the constitution that they love so much. They can be however controlling, and opressive they want, but still preach that these laws, and this charter is so right.
    I'm not going to stand for that hypocritical shit, and I'm not going to stay just because they claim you won't get anywhere without a highschool diploma.

To be honest, I really want to rub it in their faces that I'm being paid 12 moneys an hour, at a wicked office job, with an organization that promotes volunteerism.
    It like: Suck my balls, I win. I'm not homeless, I'm better than you, lalala. And check this shit out, I'm not even spending all of my copious amount of cash on drugs, and other things that you think are bad. I'm living by all the values you cliam to hold, but don't act on because you're a yuppie bastard, hahaha.

*Cough*
    Right.
    So.
    Schools suck, and are institutions build on lies, and opression of minorities.
    And if you try hard enough, you can overcome them. Hell, you can overcome them without even fighting through them. You can just leave.

14. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

I remember that feeling... Hang in there as good as you can, if you absolutely can't take it anymore you can get out. At least you have figured that out. Maybe the knowledge that you actually could at any time get up and leave, might perhaps make it a bit more possible to stand it if that makes any sense. If you could transform those thoughts to making a backup plan for if you would quit school, wich could lead to lots of daydreaming of cause, would be much more possitive then thinking about suicide. Know that it will work out no matter how long you stay in school but that it in this unpleasant society will probably do so a bit easier if you stay in school a bit longer. If it really is a life or death situation though, don't drag yourself over the edge just to finish school. It's not worth that.
    If you are meant to work or not could depend on what job you would find, or what type of employment even. I have a hard time going to a job every day when i know it will last until infinity (or what seems like) but i can much easier do a job that is for a limited time. A steady job with the same things every day at the same time is something that makes me misserable (unless it is for a short period cos then i can do it) but i have for example sometimes worked nights in bars wich is hard work and crappy workingconditions but for me it's easier because it doesn't really feel too much like work.
    If it all feels hopeless, think about how many of us here are more or less fuckups in this society and that if we can make it then so can you.

15. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

Funny thing is, I think they just end up teaching me the opposite.

16. Raise Your Fist

Apr 11, 2010

Yeah i havent done that national anthem shit since 5th grade.
    Ive never got in trouble for it though. But whenever we have
    a substitute they bitch at me and shit because theyre so in control.

17. Saering

Saering Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 18, 2009

Rhube, that sounds scary familiar, but hey i guess that happens to everyone at school. I myself am still trying to get one of the administrators to give me a straight up answer about why i can't be on the third floor during my lunch, the past 6-7 times I've always gotten a "because we told you to" and when i wouldn't move the call the fucking rentacops to come get me, then when down in the office they start nitpicking things that are totally unrelated (dress code violations which even by their terms actually don't exist etc) its gotten to the point where ill argue with an administrator let them walk me to the office wait 5 minutes and then just leave school. Im really starting to get tired of the daily shit i have to go through there (and that's just the teachers) i can skip now and then but i can't actually drop out. :@

18. Rhube

Rhube Active Member Forum Member

Feb 5, 2010

Towards the end of my time in school, I was sent to the office everyday, and I did exactly that.
    Once I realised they couldn't do anything to me, because I stopped caring if they suspended me or not, and legally, they couldn't touch me, I just started getting up and leaving.
    Half the time, they'd send me to the office, and I'd walk in the general direction, and then turn around and leave.

That's ridiculous that they actually call people to come get you, though.
    Evidently my school was much more lax.
    They were dealing with a lot, though, they couldn't even keep track of me because they were too busy trying to purge all of the kids who smoked.
    In your case, you must have been a priority to them. That's just dicks that they even care that much.
    I dealt with far too much of that nonesence in middle school, I know where you're coming from. They changed the dresscode because of me. Because I pointed out that my so-called dress-code infractions weren't even in the dresscode. So they changed it. I pointed out that I had seen people wearing things that they didn't let me wear, and they said "Well, that can't be true. We would have told them to change."

19. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Haha... seriously, when I read some of that shit I'm sooooo glad Dutch schools are far more relaxed. For one most of them are very less concerned with religion of any kind, though we did get a quote of the day in some of the classes at one point, but they stopped doing that at one point 'cause even the teachers thought they sucked. And we had to go church like 4 times a year, which was easy to skip and even if you did go wasn't too bad. Some students and teachers singing some popsongs and within 45 mins we were all released again. Hell I even asked if I could be allowed to not go for personal reasons and they asked for no explanation whatsoever and just let me off the hook.
    Seriously though, I can see a point in wanting to disband the educational system, but as far as a drop-out is concerned, I regret never learning a profession and getting paid to literally rake my hands through shit, piss, puke and (menstrual) blood soaked clothes and bedding.

20. Xero

Xero Member New Member

May 3, 2010

I used to have some serious problems in school, but now when they see me with spiked hair and a Ramones tee, they back off