Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Documentary "The Owners Of Portugal"

Discussion in 'Política y crítica social' started by Cadabre-Mor, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Cadabre-Mor

Cadabre-Mor Active Member Forum Member

Aug 18, 2012

It's a shame that this recent documentary about the backstage of Portuguese corruption, power and wealth doesn't have subtitles in english. Anyway, for Brazilians it's ok and I think Spanish brothers may understand the most. It's a memorable document about the darkside of Portugal and - as a YouTube user commented - "And so began the beginning of the end of Portugal"!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rzEtTCOQxQ[/video]

2. THEBLACKNOVA

THEBLACKNOVA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    I remember someone from the government was asked bout the the lack of jobs in the country and the person said well maybe they should leave the country and go to another country and look for work...

FUCK!

3. Cadabre-Mor

Cadabre-Mor Active Member Forum Member

Aug 18, 2012

Hello!
    Yes, it was the actual Portuguese prime-minister - Pedro Passos Coelho - who said that about the teachers who are in difficulties in getting a job. So, if the pm says this kind of things, imagine the rest...

Portugal is now facing a new emigrant phenomenon like it did around the 60's decade when Portugal was ruled by António de Oliveira Salazar, who stood in power from 1933 to 1974, the dark period which was known as the Estado Novo (New State). One of the main diferences were the inexistent qualifications towards this new kind of emigration. Back then, people were very poor, even starving, families had lot of kids (7, 8 or more, usually conceived to work the fields and helping in the sustain of the family), work hard and had no education at all, in some cases, the minimum. A large proportion of the Portuguese were illiterate. Nowadays, we have kind of an "equal antithesis". You have the most qualified generation but their country just don't have the opportunities forcing them to leave.

4. THEBLACKNOVA

THEBLACKNOVA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    Thanks for the clarification :D

Even where i live, the busiest border crossing in the world is close by, the United States and Mexico border, the citys are San Ysidro (U$A) and Tijuana (Mexico) the last time i crossed into mexico the wait time back into the USA was around 3 1/2 hours, many USA workers have moved to Tijuana cuz of cheaper rent. I have spoken to tijuana cab drivers and residents of Tijuana and seen this happening for years and they tell me of black, asian, latin@ and white citizens of the U$A relocating to mexico because otherwise they would not be able to afford to live in the U$A.

There is a slow migration out of the USA to mexico here in southern Califoria, the border crossing is unsuntanable and eventualy the croosing will fuck many workers over and eventually something will happen at the border that will fuck up peoples jobs. Maybe then people will wake up and realize what kind of wage slave they are, and maybe then they will take some direct action...

Thanks for posting the video and you should keep posting stuff about what is going down in portugal and also post stuff anarchists in portugal are doing :D