Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Would this make me a capitalist?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NoizeFaction, Dec 27, 2011.

1. NoizeFaction

NoizeFaction Member Forum Member

Dec 10, 2011

Hello everyone, I was thinking about this lately. I am a person with a bunch of interests, and one of them being computer science. Next year, I'm going to study computer science in college (I live in Quebec, Canada, here, college and university are two completely different things, anyways). I've always been against capitalism in general, and also against working in a field just for the paycheck and not the passion. Considering that when I will have my degree, I will be able to earn some kind of lower middle-class/middle-class salary, that I will probably work in a company but that I chose my job for the passion and not the money, would this make me a capitalist ? Just wondering.

2. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

No, do what you like to do, and if you feel comfortable with it, there's is no problem. We're still in this system, and it won't change over night. It's like claming that anarchist shouldn't work at all.

Join a community, it will help you feel..eh, can't find appropriate word, so..good :D

3. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    No because you are not exploiting the labor of others for your profit...it makes you a proletariat, a worker..

4. NoizeFaction

Dec 10, 2011

Thanks for the enlightenment

5. @narcho-Skinhooligan

@narcho-Skinhooligan Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 25, 2011

Capitalism fortunately is like "Punk" in only one regard, it's in the heart.
    If you got a greedy ass for money, screw over others to make your money mentality, then you're a Fucking Capitalist! No I don't think you sound like a fucking Capitalist. You sound like a pretty decent person my friend.
    Cheers to ya :beer:

6. @narcho-Skinhooligan

Nov 25, 2011

Oh yeah I forgot to say, I love your avatar! Oi Polloi are great.

7. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

@noizefaction: No.

@@narcho-skinhooligan: capitalism is everywhere round us.
    just cos it ain't in me heart don't mean i don't have to sell me labour.
    class rules everything around me.

8. Bentheanarchist

Bentheanarchist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

Noizefaction; no, you are not a Capitalist; you are a comrade and proleterian.

9. @narcho-Skinhooligan

Nov 25, 2011

Spot now Butcher my friend! I guess unfortunately for us it is all about THE C.R.E.A.M.! :lmao:

10. @narcho-Skinhooligan

Nov 25, 2011

Oh Butcher Bro, I thought it was kinda a play on a OLD SKOOL Wu-Tang Clan track(which I guess it is lol) I will check out that site man.

11. sparkey976

sparkey976 Active Member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2011

I'm in my second year of my computer science degree in soft ware and web development, I also own my own business ,computer repair and other services. some might think of that as being capitalist and before any one starts screaming bloody fucking murder, ill explain some shit.

If you really stand up and put your actions where your mouth and really really believe in this Ideal of ours you really cant work for someone else the way things are here atleast. I ,like alot of people around here have serious issues with authority, and at the same time I cant feed my family on my ideals alone.

so I do things in the most socially responsible manner as I can. I charge on a sliding scale and I donate 30% of what I make.do free work for non profits and I train the people ive picked up myself so if they ever want to leave they have viable survival skills, it's not legally a co-op but I run it as one if anyone is familiar with the model I let my employees have equal say in most things,we all make the same pay we collaberate each week make our own schedule and blah blah blah

anyway eventually I'll grow enough to let others take over that side of things and I can devote time to development mostly open source projects but some paid work to put food on the table and give my kids the opportunity to educate if they choose. I don't know about you but I have way too many good ideas to some fucking corporation, around here most company's make you sign over you "intellectual rights" meaning any idea you come up with they have legal rights too well FUCK THAT!

my lousy web site is http://www.spitfiretech.biz forgive me but I cant get it to render right in firefox so it may come up all fucked up,
    and I'm kinda too busy to give a fuck lol

if you ever need a hand with school work I'm happy to help

@ anarchoskinhooligan you mentioned that your having computer issues pm me and I'll see what I can do.

12. NoizeFaction

Dec 10, 2011

That's very interesting, I've been thinking of going the open source way too, collaborating in developpement team and so on. I always liked Richard Stallman's ideas. It would be my way to make a difference, as little as it could be, in the CS field, I guess.

13. sparkey976

sparkey976 Active Member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2011

Agreed, Ive been at this anarchy thing for a while and I've found you HAVE to do something to make a difference or this shit will eat you up inside, so congrats man your ahead of the curve.