Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Punk and Hardcore in the Canary Islands

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hombrealcielo, Oct 11, 2015.

1. hombrealcielo

hombrealcielo New Member New Member

Oct 11, 2015

Hello; anyone willing to know furtherly about life and existence of punk music and culture in the Canary Islands, let's star a chat! For those not knowing, Canary Islands is an archipelago comprissed on Macaronesia and, yet belonging to Spain, we are just 100 kms far to Sahara desert.

2. Jellofucto

Jellofucto Member Forum Member

Mar 25, 2014
     United States
    parts of my family are from there. I would love to get info on this. I,M IN :thumbsup: \m/

3. hombrealcielo

hombrealcielo New Member New Member

Oct 11, 2015

Well yeah I'm happy to help you in anything you might be feeling curious about.... we have a decent scene over here with its ups and downs of course, but it has been like this since, I guess, late 70s. I have lived it myself from 90s on and more or less the Schedule fits in, rises, decline,...now it's quite healthy and a few bands getting known abroad, What scene are you fancying the most?

4. Jellofucto

Jellofucto Member Forum Member

Mar 25, 2014
     United States
    I like a mix of different punk groups. I am into the old school stuff being one of the youngest in my group of buddies that like punk. my family is from an area southeast of New Orleans that is called the little Canary Islands. It is called St. Bernard Parish. My family is from the Delacroix Island and are called Islenos people. They are Spanish speaking and not French which is different in Louisiana. I think it is so awesome that y'all have punk rock in the Canary Islands. New Orleans has more metal and metal punk like The Pallbearers, Eyehategod, Classhole, Crowbar, The Poots, Toxin III , Soilent Green, Goatwhore, etc. They had an old seen that was before my time. What are the name of some bands from The Canary Islands? Do you know any Melerines?

5. discrass

discrass Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 1, 2011
     Portugal
    Hi , we would like to come in Canary islands around march and I would like to know if there is some punk places, squats, place to stay for free, etc...
    thanx!