Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

bitnation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kundalini_snake, Jul 19, 2015.

1. kundalini_snake

kundalini_snake Member New Member

Jul 19, 2015

hi, i am new here - but i am not new to anarchistic/libertine thought or values

i am often slow on the uptake however and just recently came across the bitnation with the blockchain id
    for instance https://www(dot)vice.com/read/blockhains-first-citizen-328?utm_source=vicefbus

bitnation url is http://www(dot)bitnation.co

bitnation spokesperson in the above vice article (actually first blockchain id holder) suggests people are taxed for services they do not need and suggests that private communities can provide the same or better services and without central rulers people could buy the particular governmental services they specifically use

so thanks for this board - i admit i just heard about you while searching for some crass
    thanks for having me

i ask, as punks who have most probably lived within an anarcho/libertine mindset, do you consider this bitnation a thing of merit?

2. RememberGlencoe

RememberGlencoe Experienced Member Experienced member

May 12, 2014

Welcome to AP! :)
    I am against the idea.
    In the case of a pre-existing nation being broken up into these 'bitnations', national defense would become a joke, and would be exploited either by a neighboring power or criminals. This is because any action that required a bitnation's forces to work with those of other bitnations, such as the extradition of escaped dangerous criminals or defense from foreign invasion, would be hindered by the diplomatic relationship the tiny communities have. Not just in the case of two bitnations who have a hostile relationship. Look how many dangerous convicted felons have literally gotten away with murder just by crossing a state line here in America, and this is with multiple federal agencies with the legal power to operate anywhere they need to in the entire country! These bitnations would be far, far smaller than even Rhode Island, this problem would increase exponentially.
    I would also like to point out that the multiple tiny states thing has been tried many times before; it tends to end with Lagash or Rome rising up, smashing everyone else under their heels, and forming an evil empire anyways.

3. kundalini_snake

Jul 19, 2015

valid points - maybe especially valid if one considers that government's very first perogative is establishing and maintaining borders - i am always wondering though whether there can't be another way - they say insanity is doing the same thing expecting different results - and now looking back the human race has done just that - and people have gone insane - has anyone watched the excavation of mass graves in texas?

does this have anything to do with democracy? http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow ... story.html

4. RememberGlencoe

RememberGlencoe Experienced Member Experienced member

May 12, 2014

Honestly, things like this, the devolution of large nations into tiny nations or no nations at all just isn't practical unless the entire world does it at the same time, just because it would be too easy for intact countries to steamroll over the devolved communities. Divide and conquer. I mean, the only reason why Singapore works is because it has been so wealthy for so long, so it does have power. But some lesser municipality, no way.
    It's good that people are thinking outside of the box on government, but human nature really forces any system in power to adapt to the realities of running a country, and thusly water down their ideas with pragmatism, or fail, suck and die.
    But who's to say that human nature won't change? We might see humanity's ascension from biological existence to one based on computation in our lifetime.

5. kundalini_snake

Jul 19, 2015

http://insidebitcoins.com/news/liberlan ... coin/31979

is it happenning

quote: On April 13, 2015 the Free Republic of Liberland was officially formed by a group of Czech citizens. The newly formed country of Liberland is a three square mile plot of land between Serbia and Croatia. The President of Liberland, Vit Jedlicka, has confirmed that Liberland will not have an official currency nor a printed currency. The country will however, accept all currencies, both bitcoin and other digital currencies.

Also Read: Bitcoin House Taiwan: Enjoy a Slice of Paradise

The Free Republic of Liberland is based on a revolutionary vision of freedom from the extensive control and oppression of the world’s governments.

The objective of the founders of the new state is to build a country where honest people can prosper without being oppressed by governments making their lives unpleasant through the burden of unnecessary restrictions and taxes. One of the reasons for founding Liberland is the ever expanding influence of interest groups on the functioning of existing states and the consequent worsening of living conditions of people. – Liberland.org

Liberland the New Free Country