Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Pirate FM Radio Stations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rashpeter, Aug 4, 2014.

1. rashpeter

rashpeter Member Forum Member

Dec 22, 2011

Hey,

Does anyone else have experience broadcasting a pirate FM radio station in your neighborhood that plays non-stop punk and no advertisements?

I have a 5mw transmitter that I ran with a dipole antenna, but my dipole antenna was taken by my roommate when I didn't show back up at my apartment for a few weeks while attending 2012 Protest the RNC/Protest the DNC and Occupy Wall St 1 Year Anniversary protests.

Anyways, I bought a Ramsey TM-100 kit, without knowing it was a kit and now am stuck in deep shit with being overhwlemed. I tried soldering it myself, but I think I jsut fucked it up. Anyway, my girlfriend's dad's friend is going to try to assemble it and hopefully fix what I fucked up. Note to self and others: If you're new to broadcasting and don't have extensive knowledge of soldering, stay away from antenna kits! That was an eight dollar kit I bought with one of my last paychecks from the factory I was working at, that I had to quit cause my girlfriend was allergic to the fiberglass.

Anyways, figured I'd start the debate up on this subject.

Also, here's a great link for new starters: http://www.hobbybroadcaster.us/

2. Anton-One

Anton-One Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 30, 2012

THere was a book published years ago called "Radio is my bomb" which was a D.I.Y. guide to FM pirate radio, with the emergance of internet radio and all the legal risks involved with broadcasting a pirate FM signal (here in the uk it's illegal, you can easily end up with fines, confiscation of your gear, prison) people are more likely to go the internet route.

3. sociopop82

sociopop82 Experienced Member Experienced member

Sep 3, 2009

cool, i like this post

4. anticivpunk

anticivpunk Member Forum Member

Aug 30, 2015

In America if the FCC is notified, you get a paper notice that's put on your door. If the FCC is contacted again after the paper notice, you can face fines and/or imprisonment.