Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

You know what pisses me off? Paper towels.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Corporate Deathburger, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Corporate Deathburger

Corporate Deathburger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 29, 2010

I know this sounds stupid, but what's the fucking point? You wash your hands, they're wet, but they're CLEAN. Why do you need to waste fucking paper, kill trees, and support a global catastrophe because your hands are wet?

Are you allergic to water?

Why don't bathrooms just get rid of them? Doesn't it cost them more money too?

2. OmManiPadmeHum

OmManiPadmeHum Member Forum Member

Sep 25, 2010

Most people like disposables because reusing something that was WASHED is somehow 'unsanitary' or 'inconvenient.' Hardly anybody knows what a cloth diaper or menstrual pad is anymore.

3. raindeer667

raindeer667 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 10, 2009

lol

4. OmManiPadmeHum

OmManiPadmeHum Member Forum Member

Sep 25, 2010

OH! And I totally empathize. I'm a bagger at a grocery store and we get customers who ask for paper bags IN plastic bags because the paper bags have no handles. What I don't understand is why they don't just use plastic instead. And all of the other wasteful things they ask me to do XP

5. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    worst of all is that most of the toilet papers are made from ancient forests... i have a list from green peace that i printed and i put it on my toilets, there is a green list of "clean" companies and a red list to not buy from.... i also printed a couple of texts to sensibilise peoples about it, and it works because everyone wants something to read when they take a shit !!! hahahah

6. Raise Your Fist

Raise Your Fist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 11, 2010

Yeah, seriously. My school's paper towels will take a layer of your skin off if you try to dry off with them.

7. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

...DON'T PANIC...
    The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has a few things to say on the subject of towels...
    "A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value - you can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a mini raft down the slow heavy river Moth; wet it for use in hand-to- hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or to avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mindboggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you - daft as a bush, but very ravenous); or to prevent you from seeing what you are doing if you are forced to perform some potentially lethal action, such as walking along a narrow cliff ledge), a cloak, a sunbathing mat. you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough. Resourceful hitchhikers have employed towels in highly exotic ways, such as fortifying them with vitamin supplements and wheatgerm extract or embedding complex circuitry into their fabric.

More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: non-hitch hiker) discovers that a hitch hiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, face flannel, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet weather gear, space suit etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitch hiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitch hiker might accidentally have "lost". What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with."

and by the way: 25th of may is towel day!

8. Corporate Deathburger

Sep 29, 2010

Hahaha. That's pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

What makes me mad is the kids who I see use like, 5 paper towels, even though the first one dried their hands.
    And the people you see take 14 yards of toilet paper...

9. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Link?
    I'm gonna look for it myself, but just in case I can't find it.

10. Corporate Deathburger

Sep 29, 2010

Yes, same here. A link would be nice. :thumbsup:

11. Alice.f

Alice.f Member Forum Member

Mar 31, 2017
     Canada
    Anyway you could link this list? that would be really cool to have!!

12. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Sorry for late reply. 7 years later (lol) here's the link for the green paper towels guide

Green Tissue Guide

Alice.f likes this.
  13. Alice.f

Alice.f Member Forum Member

Mar 31, 2017
     Canada
    Lol thanks ^o^

14. wrzesien

wrzesien New Member New Member

Jun 20, 2017
    Female
     Poland
    You can be zero-waste and get some fabric towel, mini-size, with you.

Alice.f likes this.
  15. Charger Bullet

Charger Bullet Experienced Member Experienced member

Feb 9, 2018
    Male
    Texas, United States  United States
    There was a YouTube video I seen years ago by some guy demonstrating how he washes his hands using the least amount of paper towels to dry off. His method uses just the six inches most paper towel rolls have for tearing. First wash your hands as you normally would. After turning off the faucet and before grabbing a number of paper towels you just shake off the water from your hands. Count ten (or twelve) times each time you shake to get rid of most of the water. By the the tenth count your hands are nearly dry and you just need one section of paper towel.

It's a really effective and simple method to use when you aren't at home where you can just use washable fabric towels.

16. The Hat

The Hat Experienced Member Experienced member

May 29, 2019
    Illinois, United States  United States
    I'm not sure if I can say that this pisses me off, but I get DEPRESSED over "Water parks"!
    People act like water's gonna be around forever w/o ever thinking about 3rd world countries where water practically doesn't EXIST!

If we don't learn and practice water conservation EVERYTHING ON PLANET EARTH WILL DIE!