Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

anarcho punk gamers around?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skaboul, Dec 7, 2014.

1. skaboul

skaboul New Member New Member

Dec 7, 2014

so i start staying put about 2 years ago, quit drugs and booze and start gaming, switch the addiction in some kind of way.
    any other anarcho punk gamers around?
    what you guys play?
    personnaly i m into dota 2 and rift right now. free to play not pay to win games.
    cheers.

2. DeadChannel

DeadChannel Experienced Member Experienced member

Sep 16, 2014

I was pretty big into the indie game scene for a while.
    I'm giving it a chance to progress a little before I go back to it, lots of potential there.

3. skaboul

skaboul New Member New Member

Dec 7, 2014

yeah there is little gems in the indie area what would be your favorite?

4. Paczilla

Paczilla Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 28, 2012
     United States
    I play video games because im unemployed and live in the middle of no-where. Doesn't have much to do with being an anarcho-punk, its just out of boredom.

5. DeadChannel

DeadChannel Experienced Member Experienced member

Sep 16, 2014

Cart Life, Papers Please, The Binding of Isaac all come to mind.

6. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    I've been playing drakensang online on and off for about a year now, also free to play only. I've always enjoyed gaming. There's a games thread somewhere on this site :p

7. anticivpunk

anticivpunk Member Forum Member

Aug 30, 2015

I'm an x-anarcho gamer. I played video games all my life, so I was constantly going from inbetween drug, alcohol and street culture since I was a kid back to video games and Mountain Dew. What I learned is that too much video gaming leads to depression. You have to find a balance between the shit, and I don't video game anymore. I leaned more towards anarchism and learning it's developed theories which you can do at http://theanarchistlibrary.org

In my younger days I played more games and created anarchist or antifascist clans on MMO video games. I've gotten more tribal over time so if it was difficult for me to get a clan together back then it would be even more difficult for me to do it now. Everything is much more open and possible it seems when you're younger. More borders and lines get drawn as you get older, and that's from my own personal experience.

8. mr.radical

mr.radical Member New Member

Aug 1, 2015
     Austria
    i was into dota until i realized that it takes too much of my time..

9. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 17, 2016

Definitely a gamer. It's one of my major vices, and I know it. Not that I think gaming itself is inhierently bad or anything, I just recognize that my relationship with video games goes a bit beyond what is strictly healthy.

I've got a real thing for RPG's, both the old jrpg type and more modern ones like skyrim. Big fan of the elder scrolls and fallout games, though I've played a lot of different types going all the way back to the original asteroids--which is still probably my favorite game of all time. I'm not that into shooters, although the fallout and mass effect franchises have been dragging me a bit in that direction. Pretty much the only type of game that doesn't really appeal to me are sports games--and horror games, since I have enough anxiety in my day to day life as it is.

Have sort of an on again, off again thing with MMOs. There's a couple ftp ones that I keep cycling back to like Star Trek Online, but I'm not very social when I play and usually just end up solo grinding for a while before getting bored and dropping out again.

10. JolleyPunk

JolleyPunk Active Member Forum Member

Aug 5, 2015
     United States
    I play when I can between work and school, I usually play fallout or some mount & blade. RPG open worlds are my favorite. Indie games are great to get into, keeps the money to small developers and such

11. NickF

NickF Member Forum Member

Jun 2, 2015

I have a ps4 if anyone wants to play gta 5 and do a heist sometime it would be cool to play with someone other than a douchey teenager or a racist 11 year old. Other than that I like fallout 4 and battlefield.