Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

How to find punk show playing near me?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by badatusernames, Nov 16, 2014.

1. badatusernames

badatusernames Member Forum Member

Feb 23, 2014

May be a stupid question but how can i find some punk/oi! shows near me? i googled and could not find any and i am sure they has to be some around me.

2. nodogs_nomasters

nodogs_nomasters Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 15, 2014
     United States
    Keep your eyes peeled for flyers and posters.
    If that fails, don't be afraid to ask around.
    I had no idea that there was a scene in my area the whole time that I was growing up. Truth was that there were always shows and local bands peddling their musical wares, I just never noticed until a buddy invited me to a show.

3. 363

363 Active Member Forum Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Male
     United States
    Ask anyone who performs live music. Inter-genre cooperation has been known to happen :) Meaning most people in the music community have a great idea of what else is out there and can steer you in the right direction. Listen for drum beats and guitars in the distance.

Call up record stores and ask them about the live music scene and where you might find clubs/bars that host the style of music you like.

When you get that nice list of venues, make their online calendars favorites on yo browsa! Or call those bitches up!

Rememba, stay sick as fuck! :ecouteurs:

4. badatusernames

Feb 23, 2014

Thx for the advise ill be calling record stores soon! i liked a lot of facebook pages and posted on them about people telling me if one is near. So you can just call a record store and ask? i did not know people did that lol

5. 363

Aug 23, 2014
    Male
     United States
    Yeah! Call them up! Ask if any of the employees know where you can see live punk shows or what bars host heavier music. If they don't have the kind of information you want, call them posers and hang up. That would be punk as fuck.

Connecting with bands online is good; you just gotta stay on top of all those calendars.

6. badatusernames

Feb 23, 2014

Ok Ill do that soon. Maybe I suck at looking but so far can't find any local bands.

7. badatusernames

Feb 23, 2014

Update found a hardcore show to go to about a 50 min drive but should be worth it!

8. 363

Aug 23, 2014
    Male
     United States
    Fuck yes! Hope you can make some good connections there.

As often as possible, I try to make conversation with band members after the shows to get a good idea of what's next.

9. nodogs_nomasters

nodogs_nomasters Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 15, 2014
     United States
    Sweet \m/

Hope you have a grand time.