Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Wanna buy Zapatista coffee ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ungovernable, Jun 28, 2014.

1. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    I'm looking for someone in the USA to make a zapatista coffee order and split the shipping costs together.

We were supposed to place an order through Schools For Chiapas, but we just learnt that their supplier doesn't ship to Canada. So they have to get it shipped to their home first ($15) then ship it again to us ($15)... It would cost us $30 plus the coffee price just to get some coffee in Canada.

The price for 1lb of coffee is $15.

The plan would be to order 2lb at $30 and ship it to a US location. The person takes his part (1lb) and ship the other 1lb to Canada. It would cost us $30 each for 1lb of GMO-Free fair trade zapatista coffee. Not the best prie in the world, but the objective is to support the zapatista local economy and encourage them.

2. Paczilla

Paczilla Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 28, 2012
     United States
    Support zapatistas and get coffee? You've peaked my interest.

3. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Yeah, best of two worlds !

Let me know if you want to make a group order

4. RememberGlencoe

RememberGlencoe Experienced Member Experienced member

May 12, 2014

I'll do it. PM me whenever.

5. THEBLACKNOVA

THEBLACKNOVA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    Did this request get settled?

I live in the city the Schools For Chiapas is located in the USA. I wonder if i could just walk into there office and get the coffee and mail it out to you in Canada?

I got time tomorrow and ill stop by their office and see if i can buy it from them in person :D

\m/

6. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    I'm already in contact with them, they said they get it shipped from their supplier so i think they don't have any in stock :( But you could always ask if they can get some in stock to save the shipping cost.

That's why it would cost so much to get it shipped in Canada. Coffee cost $15 for 1lb. the supplier ships it to School For Chiapas for $15, then School For Chiapas sends it to me for another $15 shipping.
    Total $45 just for 1lb of coffee that should cost $15, and the remaining $30 goes for shipping not for the zapatistas :(

1lb of coffee is only $6 at my local store so it would be ridiculous to pay $45 for it :(

If you can talk to Sue Beattie then just tell her you came for No-Gods-No-Masters.com who sent a donation a few days ago. Other members are probably aware of it too.

7. OldPeacePunk

OldPeacePunk Member New Member

May 27, 2014
     United States
    I can't help but wonder if anything ever happened with this. I'm not the biggest coffee fan in the world, but I love me some Zapatistas.