Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

GBH, Rumjacks, Leprosy, Bloody Hammer at the Hi Fi Bar

Discussion in 'Australasia' started by KAAOS-82, Sep 21, 2010.

1. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

Rumors are True
    [​IMG]

2. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    $45 fuckin Dlls? :o :ecouteurs:

3. snookams

snookams Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 7, 2010

give em all your money oi oi oi

4. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

thats about 3 hours of work in australia aye?

5. Protspecd

Protspecd Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

If you are working in a paid by the hour job then yeah pretty much

Probably won't be able to go to this one but good luck with the gig!

6. Carlos

Carlos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 1, 2010

Holy Shit!
    $45 thats the price of a three day festival!
    if not cheaper!

7. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Kaaos what does + BF mean? Also $45 AUD = $33.16 USD...... is it an open bar?

8. Protspecd

Protspecd Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

+ BF normally means booking fee. If you are getting it through a distributor (a site that promotes tickets and sells them on behalf of the event) there will also be a booking fee ontop of the ticket price.

9. nodz

nodz Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

Don't forget it is a proximity and population thing.

Australia is the arse end of the world and therefore high cost of getting gig equipment etc here.

Also limited number of punks/skins or audience to view them.

10. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

Open bar, like BYO?
    No, Hifi is a pub, you gotta buy drinks there, and its fucking expensive there too. :ecouteurs:

45 bucks is kinda regular for relatively big gigs in Melbourne, although plenty of good international bands still manage to tour and only charge say AUS $10-15. I suppose thats what you get for GBH playing at a shitty venue like the hifi rather than say the arthouse.

11. KAAOS-82

Jul 13, 2010

This is true, I've already debated costs with the people bringing them out, they've told me next to nothing other than were playing. I doubt were even getting paid for it, if so we'll arrange to put it back into something worth while. Such as the Black Star anarchist PA collective or something. On another note, the Varukers played in AUS last year and charged only $20 at a much better venue. I'll talk to GBH about it directly at the gig dont you worry.

12. ScottMF!

ScottMF! Member Forum Member

Jul 20, 2010

My band played with GBH last year and I was plesently suprised. Not my usual cup of tea but they were good! Fucking hell $45 abit steep it was only £5 when we played with em but I supose when you take in account traveling and that

13. Valsira

Valsira Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 14, 2009

Shit, that's more than they're charging here even (NZ$42) :/

Haven't decided whether or not to go see 'em yet myself as I'm pretty low on funds atm.

14. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Fuck that noise. GBH or any fucking punk band is not worth paying 15 or 20 U.S. dollars (on rare occasions) for one big act and then locals. Id go to that show and protest outside. Fuck traveling and the cost, GBH has toured here for much less, although the very last time they came they wanted 22 bucks or some stupid shit, but i didnt pay that either, GBH can fuck off for charging that much, its not fucking punk rock anymore at those prices. Its sex pistol sellout level. Next GBH will have their own perfume and electrical appliances. If i were you Kaaos, id say that straight up before you guys play.

And dont start with the whole "oh you know the Standard of living is higher now you know dude". Yea? well then you should take into account that the majority of the listeners of GBH are fucking poor and cant pay these ridiculous amounts, stupid ass. There the ones with the millions of records and sales, fucks sake.

15. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

its mostly cos they playing at a stupid venue, its a big time commercial venue. The hifi is probs taking the biggest cut from the gig i'd reckon.

16. KAAOS-82

Jul 13, 2010

geeze VB you make out as if I put on the show! comparatively speaking yes its a lot of money, i probably wouldn't pay if I wasn't playing. Then again I'd pay over $100 to see motorhead. As butcher said, most likely the venue is taking the biggest cut, then again GBH are rockstars. my position is its better older bands quit while there ahead, GBH havent released a good record since city babies revenge and that was 84? I think...

17. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Im not attacking you, alls i said is if i were you id say something about that bullshit. I know its probably the venue, or the piece of shit promoters, who cares, its fucking ridiculous. Dont take this the wrong way but i hope noone goes and the promoters and the bar have to pay out the ass to cover the bands cost even though theyre probably charging at least 50 percent more per ticket on what it would actually cost to cover the band.

18. KAAOS-82

Jul 13, 2010

Bugger I thought we were popular :'( hahaha Nah I get ya. I don't want it to set a precedent either. I'd personally be more interested in getting bands such as Germ Attak, SSR, Nerveskade, Bog People and The Helpless out to Australia rather than old farts. Although the day after GBH Leprosy are playing with Isterismo (Japan) at the Arthouse, two internationals in a weekend, what are the odds?!

19. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

10 to 1

20. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

and another one about old farts and cheap entertainment:

21.10.2010: Sham 69 and The Hollowpoints (us) at the Feierwerk/Munich - 9 euros!