Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

SUBHUMANS, MDC, A-HEADS, SAHN MARU at Gilman

Discussion in 'North America & Pacific Region' started by Unreasonable Man, May 9, 2010.

1. Unreasonable Man

Unreasonable Man Active Member Forum Member

Feb 14, 2010

SUBHUMANS (UK)
    MDC
    A-HEADS (UK)
    SAHN MARU

June 11th, 2010 at 924 Gilman
    924 Gilman, Berkeley, CA
    7:00pm Doors / 8:00 Bands

2. Carlos

Carlos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 1, 2010

yeah, SUBHUMANS are back!
    seeing them June 5th in Pomona

3. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    Subhumans wa the most disappointing show i ever went to. not becuase of the band (they were great) but because the audience was the biggest bunch of poseur punks i've ever seen gathered in one place, and their behavior was simply appalling.

4. mediattackanarcho

mediattackanarcho Member Forum Member

May 9, 2010

i saw subhumans live being rockstars and they were watered down and unfashionable by the lower class

5. Protspecd

Protspecd Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

Man that sucks.. I have always wanted to go to a Subhumans show but I keep hearing bad stuff about it.

6. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    well, just because i had a bad experience 12 years ago doesn't mean you will :)

7. Protspecd

Mar 3, 2010

Aye, fair enough. May aswell try it out anyways. Just out of curiousity, what was the crowds behavior like? What did they do to annoy you?

8. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Lol what didnt they do, they kept throwing things at the stage (water bottles, trash, etc.) kept hitting Dick in the face with them, he kept having to stop and restart songs, about 30 people repteatedly bum rushed the stage and the speakers on my side of the auditorium kept cutting out, also forcing the band to stop and restart songs. Dick kept asking the audience to calm down but they just behaved worse. at one point someone fell on their head and the band stopped for a moment so they could get him out, and they turned the lights on, and the crowd started chanting RIOT RIOT :p (not too mention there were lots of fights through out their set and earlier.) The one bright spot was they wouldn't let people wearing spikes or chains, or carrying cigerettes in, unless they either went back to their cars (and that was almost a mile walk from where the venue actually was) or put them in a big trash can (you just know the dorrmen made out like bandits that night :))

9. Protspecd

Mar 3, 2010

Wow, that is so fucking lame. Why can't they just enjoy the music without fucking up the band or anyone else trying to enjoy the music? Tossers.

Edit: Btw, awesome post count (1337)

Don' post again, for the rest of your life.. You will probably have to create a new account but it is for the best.

10. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

wow the legendary 924 Gilman Street....i wish i could be there :(

11. Lunadimae

Lunadimae Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 1, 2010

Hah! 1337, indeed, I suggest you create a new account and keep that post count!

Anyway, why the hell do people throw stuff and punch band members in the face? Especially the Subhumans, they can be called legends by now.

12. AtomicKhaos

AtomicKhaos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 16, 2009

Kids that act like retards at shows and people you see look like "posers" are your minds for molding. help those kids out.

now i know the kids that are fucking 13, and mommy and daddy gave them a little bit of cash to have the night out with their friends, are one of the kids that at least get on my nerves. But I at least try to give them some sort of idea what we (as anarchists and idlers at heart) are. Now whether they really understand where im coming from or not is no big deal. At least i was talking to someone.

Usually people acting like dicks at a show (bumrushing the stage and throwing shit at the bands) does not happen in my city, unless you really suck.

We do have our shows in cramped bars or basements, but we try to keep the night drama free, if people didnt come for the music or the bar, then what the fuck are they there for? Doorman should of kicked em out.

I think its pretty safe to say wherever Anxiety69 is from, the Subhumans won't be back. or they will. sounds like a REAL punk show.

People about to die from the pit and fighting, since alcohol is usually the main thing consumed at shows.

As for people chanting RIOT, clearly all these kids are into punk for the shit they see in the videos.

9 times out of 10 what comes into your mind when you hear the word "Anarchist"?

A video of rioting crowds with SORT cops hitting people with batons?

Or people assembling peacefully like hippies?

13. Unreasonable Man

Unreasonable Man Active Member Forum Member

Feb 14, 2010

If refusing to sign to major record labels and continuously supporting a co-op run venue is your idea of being rockstars then let them be rockstars. Because that rocks.

14. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    the show i was at was a huge arena in San Bernadino county in southern california. (orange pavillion) The place was so big that they host metallica shows, and this subhumans show had about as many people as you would expect to see at a huge metal concert. I was appalled at how disrespectful the crowd was. Especially considering the reverence most people have for dick and the subhumans. I just dont have the patience to talk to kids at shows and try to teach them about what anarchism is... or respect for that matter. Especially as i get older, my patience with others seems to diminish... (hence my grumpy posts of late)

15. raindeer667

raindeer667 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 10, 2009

SUBHUMANS WILL BE PLAYING A SHOW oN THE NAVAJO NATION JUNE 3 @ 7:30PM

WITH BLACKFIRE FROM FLAGSTAFF, AZ
    CROSS STICHED EYES FROM CALI
    LO=CASH NINJAS FROM SHIPROCK, AZ

THE FORT DEFIANCE CHAPTER HOUSE IS IN FORT DEFIANCE, ARIZONA

ASIDE FROM ALL THE SETTLER CITIES AND TOWNS THIS WILL BE A MOMENTOUS EVEN AND I'M INTERESTED TO SEE WHO WILL SHOWUP AND FROM HOW FAR AWAY THEY WILL TRAVEL SINCE THIS AREA IS REMOTE, QUITE, AND A REZ TOWN WHERE I'M FROM ....

LATER, IF YOUR SHOW-ING UP I WILLTRY TO GET SPEAKING TIME, OR ATLEAST SOME PROPAGANDA OUT TO THE DINE PUNK SCENE AND SUCH....