Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

I'm back

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by persona-non-grata, Feb 28, 2016.

1. persona-non-grata

persona-non-grata Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 9, 2010

I'm not really a new member but I haven't been active on this forum for some time so most of you probably don't remember me. something just re-sparked my interest to start being active again and I'm looking forward to again learn new things about the movement around the world.

my name is Bryan and I'm from the Netherlands, in kind of a bible belt region with not really anyone around that is as interested in radical politics as I am, so I'm always looking for people to talk to/listen to in order to learn as much as I can and really most importantly to unlearn as much problematic behavior as I can. I play guitar in a misanthropic anarchist(ish?) blackened doom duo called descent into naught, and I started a drone//doom//noise//ambient//minimal project recently which is called NULL. that is basically all I have to say about myself right now

:ecouteurs:

2. KnucklesAreIdlePlaythings

KnucklesAreIdlePlaythings Member Forum Member

Mar 4, 2016

I'm a little curious; what do you mean by "misanthropic anarchism" [parafrase]? Is it for the reader (e.g. me), to pinpoint the genre of the music you're creating, or does it have a connotation of something of a political viewpoint?

3. persona-non-grata

Mar 9, 2010

it's more in a, one could hear both misanthropy and anarchism in the lyrical content, also I do think a lot of my misanthropic tendencies do stem from amy view on the human race as an anarchist and feeling it is a pretty hopeless descent and so feeling the urge more and more to try and change something and then it goes full circle back to anarchism. or that's how I see it at least ;)

4. KnucklesAreIdlePlaythings

KnucklesAreIdlePlaythings Member Forum Member

Mar 4, 2016

Interesting to read how misanthropy and anarchism are combined. It seems that there's a view of anarchism with a touch of some kind of nihilist influence insofar as the human race is the cause to its own.. descent, and that this view of fact urges change. A paradox may be that humans are the precondition of anarchism, and thus, without an overwhelming degree of philanthropy - perhaps because there's an idea of humanity being in continually descent - so-called change becomes completely non-existent.
    Or it may be nothing more than a simple question of optimism versus pessimism.

^at least, that is what I read somewhere...

5. persona-non-grata

Mar 9, 2010

while it's true that combining anarchism with misanthropy might be kind of a paradox.

on the other hand, it is undeniably true that humanity is the cause of the earth's imbalance to which the result (if the draining of our own resources continues like this) will be the extinction of mankind. that to me is not something that is inherent in humanity but is inherent in capitalism and the current governing systems around the world, which are devices of humanity. I think the only way to remedy this imbalance is through the abolishment of those man made systems, so the misanthropy is not really a I hate humanity thing as much as a I hate the actions of the vast majority of humanity but I think we are capable of change...

I hope that kinda makes sense