Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ
  1. A Skyclad Observer

A Skyclad Observer New Member New Member

Mar 13, 2015

Heya!
    So, I sometimes go by the name Skyclad Observer, but you can call me Samantha if you want.

So... what can I tell you about myself? Well, first of all I suck at introductions! I tend to be a party-crasher at internet forums...
    Besides that, I'm an anarchist(dah!), a Zen-buddhist, a trans-woman and more(if only you could sum up a person in three terms... that would suck!).

I'm currently trying(more like struggling!) to learn how to play the shahi baaja, with the intent of creating a new style of punk. I'm thinking flower-punk would be a befitting name?; basically playing by anarcho-punk ideals and ethics, but with a somewhat brighter, slightly raga-tinged, sound(this is going to be a train-wreck isn't it? ;) ).

Other than that, I've got an interest in video-game design, philosophy, bio-hacking, tea and poetry and... stuff? (Mostly stuff!)

Peace! :ecouteurs:

2. Havran

Havran Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 22, 2012
     Czech Republic
    Hi Samantha :).

Stuff is awesome! :D

Good luck with creating new, original sounding punky music :) I always wanted to have a band with some weird instrument that clearly doesn't fit there...problem is I can't play any "special" instrument :D. And I don't have any in first place... :D.

Oh and tell me, what is bio-hacking? That sounds interesting :)

3. nodogs_nomasters

nodogs_nomasters Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 15, 2014
     United States
    Hey! Welcome aboard :) I have studied and practiced Buddhism at many points in my life. I also appreciate tea and poetry. Sounds like we've got some stuff in common.

4. A Skyclad Observer

A Skyclad Observer New Member New Member

Mar 13, 2015

Hi guys! Thanks for the welcome. :)

"problem is I can't play any "special" instrument"
    Neither can I! Doesn't stop me from trying, though... ;P

"Oh and tell me, what is bio-hacking? That sounds interesting"
    It totally is. :3
    It's basically DIY transhumanism; trying to turn yourself into a cyborg; messing around with nootropics. That sort of thing.
    For most people it's kinda limited to 'just' implanting a tiny magnet into your finger. It should allow you to experience an all-new sense; like feeling electric fields from 30cm away, for instance. I haven't got the guts to get around to it myself yet, though--and I'm kinda worried that it could be an issue when playing an instrument with metal strings...
    There are also more ambitious projects, like implanting a device that will monitor your health essentials, a watch, a compass or headphones(that one's really simple, actually. Thinking about getting it done for myself!). There's also been some talk about programming vira to expand our biological senses; like expanding the range of visible colours.
    I recommend checking out this site: forum.biohack.me/
    And this lecture for an introduction: Lepht Anonym - Cybernetics for the Masses
    "It's really not very difficult, but it hurts a lot~" ;)

"I have studied and practiced Buddhism at many points in my life. I also appreciate tea and poetry."
    Cool! Didn't really expect to find someone else with an interest in Buddhism here. :)
    BTW, that reminds me; I've always thought that the zen koan "If you meet a Buddha, kill the Buddha." could make for a swell punk cover!~

P.S: Sorry if I ramble; it's an old habit... :ecouteurs:

5. nodogs_nomasters

nodogs_nomasters Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 15, 2014
     United States
    Well fuck me, I actually know a guy who has magnets in his fingers. He helped me install the lock to my door.

6. Havran

Havran Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 22, 2012
     Czech Republic
    Damn, that sounds really...weird to be honest :D. But interesting at the same time. Turning yourself into a cyborg...that's somehow...awesome :D. I guess I'll have to learn more about that, I'm kinda curious now :D.
    Also, it kinda reminds me of that movie, Tetsuo Iron Man :)

Having magnets in your finger while playing guitar/bass....my imagination goes wild :D.