Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

New to the Forum, Leora Doom of Thulsa Doom

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by LeoraDoom, Jun 5, 2014.

1. LeoraDoom

LeoraDoom Member New Member

Jun 5, 2014

Greetings fellow punx. This is Leora Doom, front-person and vocalist for the 90s anarcho-punk band THULSA DOOM. Over the years we've come to learn that our network of fans and supporters has been growing despite our 10+ years away from the scene. Since our first reunion tour back in 2011, we've rekindled our passion for what we started so long ago. Over the past few years we've been playing shows and small tours along the east coast and we've been loving it. We're all in different places in our lives as individuals, but something magical happens when we join together again as THULSA DOOM.
    And something indeed magical happened just last month when we got back together to record four new songs. Stepping back from the politics of our righteous youth, these new songs come from an aged perspective. Convinced that no huge revolution will change the world, we've conceded to accept that you can only really control your own destiny and a sense of humor is essential if you're gonna make it in this fucked up world. The new 7" is scheduled for release this August (2014) with a short record release tour to follow. This tour is again on the east coast; hitting Richmond for the first time ever and returning to Baltimore since our first appearance there in 2011.

WE ARE PLANNING TO TOUR THE WEST COAST! Hopefully sooner than later! If you can contribute to this effort in any way please feel free to contact us.

Also, if any zines or blogs are interested in an interview please contact us. And since I opened up this conversation, feel free to comment with any questions you have for us. I'll do my best to respond quickly and accurately. I try my hardest to be accessible to anyone and I encourage anyone that is interested in knowing more to please reach out to me.

How to find official THULSA DOOM news and updates:
    www.facebook.com/thulsadoomnyc
    www.thulsadoomnyc.bandcamp.com
    to buy our 10" discography record:
    www.sitandspinrecords.blogspot.com
    to email us directly:
    thulsadoomnyc@gmail.com

Thanks to everyone that kept our music alive over the years. Without you we wouldn't be allowed the great honor of coming back to do it all again, only better!
    Cheers!
    Leor(A) Doom

2. Havran

Havran Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 22, 2012
     Czech Republic
    Hi :)

You should really come to Europe someday, while you are still playing :)

3. LeoraDoom

Jun 5, 2014

Hi Havran!
    The thought of touring Europe is so crazy to me! It was such a surprise to find out we had a following all the way out on the west coast since we never played outside the NY area. But it always blows my mind when I meet a fan/supporter from Europe, every time!!
    If you had made that suggestion just a few years ago I would have chuckled, but now it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.
    Thanks fun the support!

4. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Wow nice, great news ! Can't wait to hear this new 7" !

5. victorhazzard

victorhazzard Member New Member

Feb 2, 2014

i can't remember when i first heard you guys but it was around 2002. still loving that shit. hit the midwest! the kids remember!

6. victorhazzard

victorhazzard Member New Member

Feb 2, 2014

p.s. anarcho revival NEEDS to happen

7. LeoraDoom

Jun 5, 2014

victorhazzard, we're scheduled to play Skull Fest in Pittsburgh on August 22nd, 2014. That's about as close to the midwest we plan to get at this time. Not to say we don't want to visit your region, we're working on getting ourselves out there all over the US. I personally have a special place in my heart for Cleveland and can't wait to crush that city.