Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Self-Introduction

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by StopWarEatBananas, Mar 30, 2016.

1. StopWarEatBananas

StopWarEatBananas Member New Member

Mar 30, 2016

Hey Guys,

I am an anarchist teen. I recently have become friends with anarchist actors, musicians and artists in the area who have helped me understand the ideology in a new way.

I have lots of bands that I like, but my top ten include: Chumbawamba, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Flux of Pink Indians, The Hollowpoints, Blackbird Raum, The Clash, Operation Ivy, The Living End, Bad Religion, and The Presidents of The United States of America. Besides anarcho-punk, and regular punk music, I also love world music. Especially Cuban (one of my parents is cuban), Klezmer, and Celtic.

I play the mandolin, and I am learning the guitar. My dream is to one day learn the accordion and hurry-gurdy, but those are long-term goals.

Besides music, I am a history, philosophy, and film buff. My favorite time period is the Middle Ages, my favorite branch of philosophy is Pragmatism, and my favorite movie is Persepolis.

2. Vulture

Vulture Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 12, 2015
     United States
    Welcome commie,
    I highly recommend "Land and Freedom", a movie on the Spanish civil war. Then YouTube some documentaries on it. I think it will expand your ideas and clarify some points that probably need clarification. Kropotkin is a good read, if you haven't read him. The Anarchist Library (a website, search it) hosts tons of essays on the matter and other leftist lit. Or not, you got me exited when you said you like history.
    Cheers

3. JolleyPunk

JolleyPunk Active Member Forum Member

Aug 5, 2015
     United States
    Welcome to the site!

I agree with Vulture, watch "Land and Freedom". Also make sure that you read plenty of contemporary anarchist literature. Its important to keep up to date with the rolling ideologies of anarchy throughout the world. The Anarchist Library is a great resource my friend.

4. StopWarEatBananas

StopWarEatBananas Member New Member

Mar 30, 2016

Thanks guys. I am really into documentaries, so I will definitely watch, "Land and Freedom." I am so glad that that I found this resource, because I realize that anarchy is a living movement and I want to understand it better as it is now.

I recently watched this great BBC documentary called, "The Power of Nightmares," about how ISIS and the U.S. government basically created each other. It's fantastic. Check it out.

5. Toolmaker

Toolmaker New Member New Member

Apr 4, 2016
     United Kingdom
    Hiya people,
    just a quick intro for myself. I don't normally do this on sites but there's no need for me to be a secret.silent member. I'm in my 50's, in my teens I was into punk, new wave, heavy metal and just anything different at the time ( 70's). B4 then rock n roll or just anything really. Like loads i was lucky to listen to Peel 5 nights a week and get truly musically educated and become politically aware through music and protest. Still love it all though I go to lots of free parties and the rest. Anarchy in action as it were / is. I'm lucky to work in a pretty on it workers co-op with a punk /anarcho / hippy foundation over 40 plus years and so my life goes on

cheers to all, Toolmaker