Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Hey Guys!

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by Music4theDeaf, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Music4theDeaf

Music4theDeaf Member Forum Member

Apr 5, 2015

Hi My names Andy but i go by "Matsi" its black foot for "peace maker". I'm an anarchist I've read Proudhon,Bakunin,Goldman,Berkman. by the way if you guys could recommend any anarchist writers it will be very appreciated.

I'm from California,the valley they call it the worlds fruit basket or something like that. Theres a lot of agriculture going on over here. its like the great Woody Guthrie Said back in the great depression "california is a garden of eden...A paradise to live in or see,but believe it or not.you won't find it so hot if you ain't got the do re mi".

I'm a native american my family is from a small indian pueblo. My Grandfather first came to the U.S to work as brasero during ww2. my father has worked in the fields for most of his life. I myself have worked Picking fruit Pruning and Thinning under the blazing sun of the west. I don't dress in Doc Martins,Spikes,patches or have a mohawk...,but i do love punk music.i love the energy in it,the meaning in the lyricism,the optimistic hope,the unapologetic criticism of this fucked society,and the zero tolerance for bullshit and lies.

My mother used to be a teacher in the poverty stricken region of Oaxaca,being a teacher there means traveling very long distances to teach a couple of kids who grew up speaking a native dialect how to read and write in Spanish. since the Mexican government could give to shits about some remote far off indian village in the mountains. any ways my mother helped me identify oppression at a very young age with stories of the Spanish conquest and government repression of our community. what im trying to say is im not to trustful of government or organized religion...

As for my username...its not meant to be taken literal.its an oxymoron. it says what i think of modern day pop music.that being rap,rock,metal what ever it may be. I'm of the thought that if music hasn't communicated anything to you it has failed... :ecouteurs: I listen to anarcho punk,punk,oi, \m/ punk folk and folk. I'm always looking for new music recommendations. so if you have any please post them. thanks!

I don't play any instruments :( , but i would want to learn to play some of my favorite Ochs/Guthrie songs.

I found this forum while trying to download some anarcho punk bands. ps music recommendations plz!!!

2. Yosemitepunks

Yosemitepunks Member Forum Member

Apr 16, 2015

Hey Matsi! I am also residing in the great valley and listen to punk and all that centered around it. If you check out my blog I post up there what I am currently listening to. The address for it is www.ear-stress.blogspot.com. If you don't mind me asking, what part of the valley do you reside in? Take care-John

3. Music4theDeaf

Apr 5, 2015

Thanks for the link. i live on the outskirts of Fresno.

4. (A)NOW

(A)NOW Active Member Forum Member

Jan 12, 2015

Welcome. How about the works of Camillo Berneri. Particularly Class War In Spain (which is about the Spanish Civil War, to which i am currently reading).

You can find it on this absolutely beautiful and helful website about Anarchism and other subjects. I will share the link below

Good luck and if there is anything I can do. Let me know. My name is Paul.

http://theanarchistlibrary.org/special/index

:anarchism: :peace: :anarchism:

5. nodogs_nomasters

nodogs_nomasters Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 15, 2014
     United States
    What an intro. Welcome! Have you ever read any Kropotkin?

I live in up in the Yosemite foothills, by the way. A few hours away from the valley.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jytf-5St8WU[/video]

6. Yosemitepunks

Apr 16, 2015

Yosemite foothills?! Like Mariposa,Sonora or Oakhurst? I live about an hour from all of these in Modesto. I go backpacking and day hiking a lot.

7. nodogs_nomasters

Jul 15, 2014
     United States
    Sonora! Yes. That is exactly where I am. No way! I love hiking :)

8. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Bienvenido Matsi, I'm sure you are familiar with Los Crudos, if not give them a listen...and don't forget to read Malatesta and Ricardo Flores Magon!

9. Yosemitepunks

Apr 16, 2015

Ha! I am up in Sonora all the time. A good friend of mine lives in Columbia and works at the tea house/bakery there. Back in 96-99 Sonora had a kick ass venue called the Borderline Warehouse. It was the first place I went to punk shows. I saw many awesome bands there like Citizen Fish,Angry Samoans and even some funny not so great bands like the vandals, AFI and screw 32. I don't remember the bands names from Sonora, but there were a few and they would come down to Modesto and play shows with us. I saw Born/Dead in Jamestown at the Rawhide a few years back and it was absolutely bizarre because the week before the show I saw them play in Austin at Chaos in Tejas and then to see them play in a hick bar for 10 punks and 100 hicks was pretty odd. Anyway, I could ramble on and on. Do you know of any bands in Sonora now? Modesto pretty much has no punk scene. Everyone moved away.

10. nodogs_nomasters

Jul 15, 2014
     United States
    I was a toddler in 1996, haha. Didn't wind up living here until 2005 or so.
    Ha, there's totally bands down here. Now they almost always play at this bad ass little venue called The Gypsy Shack. It's down in Jamestown. Folk punk is really a big deal around here; C.A.F., Canyon Fox... there's a few that aren't folk punk, for sure. False Freedom is a pretty prominent one. Their shows are always a blast. Shows are practically always free, too.
    It's not a particularly huge scene or anything, but it exists. I wouldn't say that I'm particularly "in" it, either. I mostly just do my thing, go to shows now and then, laugh, mosh, have a good time.

11. Music4theDeaf

Apr 5, 2015

thanks for the recommendations, and the link. I admire Spain's Anarchists they had the courage to fight for their convictions.

12. Music4theDeaf

Apr 5, 2015

thanks for the reply! I've read some Kropotkin but not all so thanks!

13. Music4theDeaf

Apr 5, 2015

Gracias Mar, yeah I've heard that band although i didn't like their music all to much. keep in mind that i only listed to two of their songs so i might have not given them a chance. could you recommend a Los Crudos track you really like? I swear i'll listen to it.

Yo tenia entendido que Ricardo Magon era un Marxista, no supe que fue Anarquista. nunca había escuchado el nombre de Malatesta . En fin muchas gracias por el comentario camarada. se te agradece! :ecouteurs: