Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Hello. I'm newbie

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by dee2211, Apr 11, 2014.

1. dee2211

dee2211 Member Forum Member

Apr 11, 2014

Hi. How're you doing?
    I'm from Indonesia and I'm new here. I joined an anarcho-punk band as back-vocalist in 2003, when I was 28.
    Yes it's a bit late to be a punk on my age, but I see an advantage since it keeps me young. Not physically, of course. But in mind and soul.
    Our band's name is Black Boots and we rarely played because we live separately in different cities and country.
    Once every 5 or more years we meet in a city when we used to go to college together and had a show,
    or make an album if we could manage our time. We have family and children, as myself is a single mom with two kid.
    also occupy ourselves for a living. Three of my band mates are artists/painters, one is a musician for a major label band, the other one keeps survive with his own distro, while I myself is a writer.

Anarcho-punk is welcome and accepted in here. Yes the scenes already changed but some high-school kids still put their interested in anarcho-punk. We used to have a small quarrel with other punks from the other city, they said they didn't like political punks. But as far I know it's basically about why they were less popular than us. We were an art-college students and perhaps the other street-punks underestimated us for didn't recognize what's the point of being a punk because we didn't live on the street (I tried some couple times but it's hard). But, I think it doesn't matter. We recognize anarchism and punk as ways to express our ideas about injustice, corrupt government, environmental issue, etc., and we're not really straight-edge (even if we're hardcore-punk band) actually.

We want to have as many folks as we can to talk and share ideas about scene, music, politics or anything.
    Because it's better for us to make friends than enemies, isn't it? Thanks for reading.

2. IamMe

IamMe Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2012
     United Kingdom
    big welcome :D i agree with what you say punk isn't a style, look, fashion or scene its a way of thinking and fuck those who say different \m/

3. Havran

Havran Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 22, 2012
     Czech Republic
    Welcome here :)

4. dee2211

Apr 11, 2014

yes but some of our scenes are dying here and only left high school punk wannabees and want to learn what punk is all about.

5. dee2211

Apr 11, 2014

thanx

6. bcpunk

bcpunk Active Member Forum Member

Jul 2, 2013

Welcome ;)