Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

hi!

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by toodrunktopluck, Apr 15, 2014.

1. toodrunktopluck

toodrunktopluck New Member New Member

Apr 11, 2014

I'll try to make this fairly quick! Been listening to punk since I was toddler mostly thanks to my dad...Dead Kennedys, Crass...Played bass in a band for quite a while but now poor thing is gathering dust. The music is what got me first and then the ideas, particularly the DIY and activist side of it. I now teach sociology to college kids and am doing a phd in punk after getting annoyed at reading research on punks from academics who were very much outsiders just looking in. Specifically I'm looking at older women punks, partly because of the personal interest there(!) and the fact their voices have been completely lost in research on punk. So, yeah, that's me. (ps. if anyone's interested in being involved in the research please give me a yell!) Hoping to find out about more gigs/new bands through the forums and basically meet and talk to some new people :ecouteurs: Also, trying to sort my profile but work computer does not like!

2. Havran

Havran Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 22, 2012
     Czech Republic
    Hi and welcome here :)