Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Hellohellohello

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by Súil Eile, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Súil Eile

Súil Eile New Member New Member

Apr 11, 2014

Jeepers, I dunno what to say for an intro really.. I'm 19, just discovered the concept of anarchism and all its awesomeness recently. I live in the rural west of Ireland, and there's neither sight nor sound of a punk scene to be had here :'( My family are farmers, quite religious and would put the shame into ya if you looked a bit out of the ordinary.
    I'm fed up with having to live in a place where I feel emotionally oppressed and depressed. I can't express myself without being called a weirdo. I'm a vegetarian on the road to becoming a vegan, which is, to a lot of people, very strange, considering that I come from a farming family and grew up on a farm. I adore the beauty of the countryside here, but the people drive me bananas! Having social anxiety, I feel the need to remain a "closet punk". I can't handle the inevitable judgement given by people if I express myself freely when it comes to anarchy, feminism, veganism and dressing the way I want.
    I don't know anyone else who has a similar mindset, and none of my friends like punk music - It's what the local "goths" listen to as far as they're concerned. Nah, they're happy enough to be obsessed with the latest Top 10 in the charts, get sick of it after a week, and move on to the next bit of drivel hyped up by those X-Factor gobshites.
    I'm finishing first year in college in Galway, but I haven't met anyone yet who is into anarcho-punk music, although I know they're out there somewhere. There is a metal scene, but I'm too shy to go to gigs by myself.
    Anyway, that's me. Still living, still learning.

:ecouteurs:

2. Rebellious twit

Rebellious twit Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 21, 2012

hello comrade :ecouteurs:

3. Havran

Havran Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 22, 2012
     Czech Republic
    Hi and welcome here :)

4. Súil Eile

Súil Eile New Member New Member