Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

painted leather

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nmara, Dec 13, 2012.

1. nmara

nmara Active Member Forum Member

Dec 1, 2012

how do you remove dried aint off of leather?

2. CrustCat

CrustCat Active Member Forum Member

Nov 12, 2012

Wrong section.
    But specify the paint type? Acrylic? Many art stores sell removers, it'll never get the entire stain off, but enough so its not noticeable. If it's fabric paint, you're shit out of luck, but you can paint over it with a matching tone to the leather. Most others paints get off when you soak it in water for an hour or two and scrub it gently with dish-soap.

3. stevrosoc

stevrosoc Active Member Forum Member

Mar 6, 2012

what is the best paint to do jackets with

4. CrustCat

Nov 12, 2012

[​IMG]
    It's very important to use paints meant for fabric, and this brand is the easiest to find.
    I know people who tried to be slick and use paints meant for houses and it may look vibrant at first but it's not meant to bend and move once it's dried so you start shedding. Same with using acrylic paint, might look great at first but it'll age really fast because it's meant to be on indoor canvases, not coats that get worn outdoors, sweated all over, and possibly washed.

5. nmara

nmara Active Member Forum Member

Dec 1, 2012

Ya it's acrylic

6. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

actually nail polish remover does the trick.

7. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    Yes, that's what I used to use. It works beautifully!

8. CrustCat

Nov 12, 2012

It doesn't damage the leather? I have that fake leather and it made it the material chip, but it does makes sense that real cow hide would be OK with it.

9. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

Oh no, maybe in the long run, but it doesn't start dissolving right away. I can imagine it wouldn't work very well on fake leather.

10. SHAHRAWRARARA

SHAHRAWRARARA Member Forum Member

Mar 25, 2013

Can you make paint out of ants?? that'd be wierd. What ncsplw said about cowhide not being affected makes sense, it doesnt't affect our skin that much. But your leather is probably a cured and processed thing and I have no knowledge in the chemistry of it but I'd try it why not, not going to last forever anyways