Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

To What other genres of music do you also listen?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Utopian, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Utopian

Utopian Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 9, 2012

For me it's: progressive rock,psychedelic,jazz,reggae,old rock,hardcore punk \m/ ,folk metal,punk.

Mostly i listen to progressive rock,reggae and jazz.

My new ones are hardcore punk,folk metal and anarcho punk

2. @narcho-Skinhooligan

@narcho-Skinhooligan Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 25, 2011

I listen to everything but RAC & NSBM :anti-nazi:

3. Wide-Eyed Sluggard

Wide-Eyed Sluggard Member Forum Member

Jun 14, 2012

Some of my wider ranging interests: The organ works of JS Bach, japanese speed metal, Daft Punk and their ilk (Justice, KAvinsky, Mr. Oizo, etc. etc.)

I even like a lot of 80s pop, that's my shame to bear.

I've really only ever actively disliked gangster rap and contemporary country music. They're both not only fake as hell but also really don't have much meaningful content.

4. apples&onions

apples&onions Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2012

old school gangsta rap is cool and completely differential from modern radio, but I feel ya. There's so much other good hip hop out there anyway.

5. Wide-Eyed Sluggard

Wide-Eyed Sluggard Member Forum Member

Jun 14, 2012

hip hop? Yeah. Whole thing on its own. I'm really into Jurassic Five and MF Doom

6. apples&onions

apples&onions Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2012

Yeah, I love me some DOOM. I'll check out Jurassic Five.

7. John the Shorts

John the Shorts Active Member Forum Member

Oct 26, 2011
     United Kingdom
    Think I'm getting a feeling of deja vu (again) love most music apart from Glam Rock and Disco

8. ZAchAtTacK

ZAchAtTacK Member Forum Member

Jul 21, 2012

Mainly crossover thrash, thrash metal, oi! and modern street punk. Also hip-hop.

9. Sick Boy 77

Sick Boy 77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Mar 29, 2010

Almost anything. I listen to a lot of genres of rock. I listen to Thrash, Grindcore, some Metal, \m/ Death Metal, some Indie, Oi!, Ska, Psycobilly, Rockabilly. Punk is a given and any category that falls into it, except for Pop Punk. Which isn't even a type of Punk in my eyes. I also listen to Reggae, D-Beat, Dub, and underground Hip-Hop. I think that covers most of it.

10. anarchoskin69

anarchoskin69 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 14, 2010

I like anarchist black metal, which is readily available at r-a-b-m.blogspot.com but I also listen to reggae/ska/oi/northern soul, a skinhead mix, from oioioi.ru. Make sure you monitor what you download from oioioi.ru if you do, because while none of it is ultra-right, some of the music is conservative and anti-left. Which is odd, because some of the music is explicitly antistate, anticapitalist and antifascist. They even put Oi Polloi tracks on there which is definitely an anarcho-punk band.

Anyways, I started out with CDs in late 90s and early 2000s, but now I prefer everything digital or on record.

11. zakkman666

zakkman666 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 20, 2012

I try to listen to all genres as long as it doesn't promote hate (except towards cops and fascists). My favourite bands are KISS, The Smashing Pumpkins, Choking Victim/Leftover Crack, Star Fucking Hipsters, Morning Glory, Chumbawamba, Exodus, Testament, Wu-Tang Clan, Kyuss, Alice in Chains and Blur. I also like some electronic like Daft Punk. I will NEVER listen RAC or NSBM, that stuff is just fucking offensive to humanity.

12. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    goa/psytrance, ambient (especially psychedelic ambient), D&B, some reggae, metal (speed-, death-, + Black Sabbath, Judas Priest etc), Jimmy Hendrix, Brittney Spears (just kidding), I've probably forgotten something but who cares. :lmao:
    Oh, and some Oi! is pretty cool as well.

13. morethanfights

morethanfights Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 10, 2012

i like alot of metal(black death thrash speed nwobhm etc etc) 90s gangsta rap and some other rap/hip hop, i dunno what else really

14. owedaliving123

owedaliving123 Member Forum Member

Apr 12, 2013

mostly ska and reggae with the odd metal band

15. Rebellious twit

Rebellious twit Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 21, 2012

I like Ska and Reggae aswell, i like bands like toots and the mayals and symarip, could anybody hit me up with any kind of cool reaggae or Ska inspired by anarchism :)?

16. TardisPunk

TardisPunk Active Member Forum Member

Jun 10, 2011

Heavy Metal, Reggae, 80s Pop, and a bit of Soul from the 60s and 70s.

17. The Hat

The Hat Experienced Member Experienced member

May 29, 2019
    Illinois, United States  United States
    Far easier to ask what music I DON'T listen to.

(Black/Death metal ESPECIALLY "Cookie Monster" vocals, and any NSBM, grind, and the kind of dance/techno music you hear at fashion shows when models walk the runways, and gay clubs)

I tend to be rather open minded

18. 1xAntifa

1xAntifa Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 22, 2019
    Victoria, Australia  Australia
    70's A blend of 60's acid, metal, punk,new wave and some prog - Jimi Hendrix, Cream, Pink Floyd, Stranglers, Doors, Tubeway Army, Kraftwerk, Jefferson Airplane, Velvet Underground, Grateful Dead, early Bob Dylan, Rolling Stones, Byrds, Randy California, Devo, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Hawkwind, Saints, Radio Birdman, Boys Next Door [Nick Cave], Jimmy and the Boys, Frank Zappa/Mothers, Captain Beefheart, Country Joe and major cringe Emerson, Lake and Palmer; First record I bought with my own $ was Duane Eddy's Twangin' Guitar for 1.99 at the supermarket. I was 12. Bought almost everything 2nd hand because, poverty. I got $31,75 pw unemployment and new records were an extortionate $7.99. I also liked reading, smoking and pot.

80's Metal, Industrial and New Wave mainly. Unemployed after a stint in the army, acid pot and opiates. Venom, Slayer, St Vitus, Destruction,Judas Priest, Ozzy, Dio, Tankard, Bathory, Candlemass,Motorhead, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Cure, Gary Numan, John Foxx, Ultravox,Blondie, Exploited, SPK, Throbbing Gristle. Cabaret Voltaire,Television, Wall of Voodoo and a Lynerd Skynerd tape and Aerosmith FFS

90's Punk, Goth, Grunge, Oz rock, Jazz, Classical. Steady employment, single with a large pay. Drug free. Whoopee!

A lot of punk stuff was re-issued on CD which I lapped up, Crass, Discharge, Disorder, Weirdoes, Dead Kennedy's, UK Subs, Vibrators, Pil, Dils, Germs, Clash, Sex Pistols, Wire, Joy Division, Bauhaus, Alien Sex Fiend, Soundgarden, Mudhoney, Mother Love Bone, Nirvana,L7, Alice in Chains,Love Battery, Afghan Whigs, Screaming Trees, Scientists, Kim Salmon and the Surrealists, Beasts of Bourbon, Cosmic Psycho's, Psychotic Turnbuckles, Butthole Surfers, Ministry, Tangerine Dream, Big Black, P J Harvey, Bikini Kill, Cramps,Sonic Youth, Einstrurzende Neubauten, Pixies, Smashing Pumpkins, Birthday Party, Bad Seeds, Lydia Lunch, NIN, Pigface. Psychic TV, Ethyl Meatplow, Stooges,Iggy Pop, Makers of the Dead Travel Fast,Blue Cheer, Spirit, Public Enemy. Ice T, Monk,Bird, Mingus, Bud Powell, Eric Dolphy, Ornette Coleman, Archie Shepp, Miles Davis, Billie Holiday, Beethoven, Debussy, Satie, Hayden, Bach, Stravinsky, Varese, Part, Lutoslavski, Birtwhistle, Penderecki, Stockhausen, Schubert, Boulez, Schoenberg,Webern.

2000's Poverty again [university, kids and a drug habit again :-( PTSD is a bitch.]. Got into the local folk scene thanks to my wife. Waifs, Kristina Olsen, John Butler Trio. Alanis Morrisette, Tori Amos, Annie De Franco.

2010's Financially stable, still self medicating with pot till 2019 but off the opiates, meth, fanta YEAH! Buying stuff off Google Play [BAD] and Bandcamp.

Charlie Haden, Rashaan Roland Kirk, Vaginal Pentagram, Owkri, Subhumans, Dronecaine, Ella Fitzgerald, Howlin' Wolf,Elmore James, John Lee Hooker, Canned Heat Schaeffer, Oram, Berio, Ligeti, Kagel.

A fairly broad range with no country/western music or opera. The lack of rap is due to the hearing impairment I got courtesy of the army, I can,t make out the lyrics. Which is frustrating as there is a lot of political rap/hip hop out there.

19. emoviolence

emoviolence New Member New Member

Nov 29, 2019
    ACAB  United States
    I really like screamo/emoviolence, grindcore, goregrind, speedcore, cybergrind, techno, black metal(mostly dsbm, red/anarcho, ambient), some war metal, powerviolence, and a few mathcore bands!

20. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    :emoji_headphones: I listen to a shitload of Ramon Ayala lately... don't know about you folks, but I've been playing loud fast heavy for over 42 years, so I need to get away from it often... Ramon very succinctly puts life into perspective on this one, you can't take shit with you but a handful of dirt