Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Dating Advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anarchoskin69, Apr 19, 2012.

1. anarchoskin69

anarchoskin69 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 14, 2010

So basically, an anarcho-primitivist anarcho-punk invited me over to her dad's house while her family was away, she had just moved back home from college to seek a Paralegal degree there, and is a year in, but she brings me over, we have a one night stand, then a fantastic day in the city going to the art museum, her favorite thai restaurant, and go for a long walk in the city park.

She sends me this in a text before ignoring me completely:

"You weren't a rebound... and you're an awesome dude. I just... I'm weird. I don't know why but I think you're a great person, and I like you, I do... I really don't know if I felt the connection you did... and everything went so fast. I don't think I can do it, I'm sorry. I feel like the biggest fucking asshole. But I can't. I'm not going to be the person you want me to be for you-I can't give you what you want. You're amazing, talented, smart, and gorgeous... but I can't. And I'm sorry I haven't been responding. Work and then babysitting our very drunk and obnoxious friend."

Then I send her a few more text messages and she replies with one last message:

"I could definitely hang out as friends, but I don't want it to be under the impression that you're trying for more."

This girl is amazing... but since she hasn't messaged me back since that message I decided to not message her for a week and then message her to see if she replies at that point..... Any suggestions?

2. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Move on, if she changes her mind she will seek you out... ;)

3. anarchoskin69

Nov 14, 2010

i know, same advice from my best friend back home and roommate. just sucks... i'm an idiot for not taking it slow, i shouldn't of slept with her so fast... i haven't met any other single anarcho-punk, vegan chicks in this city so far, who again, were also SINGLE. and i've met alot of anarchists here. also i don't want to go to local punk shows just to see her and yell incredibly loud for her attention, just for her to feel awkward when she realizes it's me. i'm done with St Louis, time to go back home to Chicago. fuck. got some date with an indie chick tonight, LAME!

4. FuckTheDetour

FuckTheDetour Member Forum Member

Apr 6, 2012

This shit is typical, i say who needs a flakey chick who has fucked up priorities? i dont think shes good for you mate.

5. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

I thought we're not here to judge people so quickly. Really, 'mate', you don't even know the girl.

6. anarchoskin69

Nov 14, 2010

yeah, i think it's more of me just sucking rather then her.

7. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

I'm going to go with Mar on this one. There's not much you can do, and attempts to try to get her to change her mind might just alienate her more. She probably just has a lot of shit on her plate she needs to sort through before you can commit to anything. Let her be, and if she changes her mind, then awesome, if not, then so be it, it sucks, but there's nothing you can do.

8. @narcho-Skinhooligan

@narcho-Skinhooligan Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 25, 2011

You don't need that girl man you need a S.H.A.R.P. Skingirl. You know that!
    But hey maybe you are not cool enuff in her book. You know the fact that you don't own your own cave, don't wear animal skins for clothing, don't have lice infected ratty ass neo-cave man dreads & are not tring to reinvent the wheel & shit.
    Basically because you don't look like an extra from "The Quest for Fire" or "The Clan of the Cave Bear" or some shit. But hey maybe she is cool just not cool for dating.
    Don't waste your time. Diss her, YOU DON'T WANT TO LOOK NEEDY. If you see her out & about, say hi & buy her a beer(a cheap beer) chat for a few(short) minutes then go mingle else where. If she ever asks why you are being so distant tell her that you felt like you were crowding her is all.
    She might just have been down for a one nighter. & that is fine, she should just be honest with you bro, all this "It's me & not you" bullshit is as old as dirt & lame as fuck too. As for dating her goes, some might say "Why buy the cow when you got the milk for free?"
    I of course say that with the full support of the A.L.F. & total animal liberation in mind :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
    :beer: Cheers to all the jaded out there!
    I am basically telling you to find the humor in all this...

9. KRIGSKRUST

KRIGSKRUST Active Member Forum Member

Apr 15, 2012

Forget her dude...She seem to not know what she wants, or maybe she is a player.

10. Caps

Caps Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 3, 2010

Good post!

To be honest, the answer is probably so much easier said than done. She's telling you, basically, that she's not interested. She might think she's being sensitive or supportive but she's really leading you on. I have a friend who is in a similar situation with a woman. He told her how she felt, she said she wasn't ready to see someone after her last relationship. They're still friendly and he's obviously hoping she'll change her mind. I think he's hurting himself a bit but he's not in so deep that he can't handle it. I'm not sure on your situation because I don't know what you two are like. However, you do seem a bit taken too her so you should probably give her a bit of time and space - for both your benefit. Head up, sir; the love-related hard times will pass.

Still, at least you have some form of love life! My right hand isn't even particularly interested in me at the moment...

Also, I'd recommend trying to quit phrasing like 'chicks' or the UK equivalent, 'bird'. I don't know if it's the same in the US, but a lot of women here don't like it and with good reason, I think.

11. @narcho-Skinhooligan

Nov 25, 2011

Thanx for liking my post. Cheers from the U.S. :beer:

12. anarchoskin69

Nov 14, 2010

Yeah I went on a date with a different girl and she's been staying over here with me most nights, she's an Industrial-Psychology major, but is an indie chick, but her music isn't ALL that bad. But yeah, I'm over the cave girl already. Except the new girl is starting to leave stuff at my apartment, and she spends ALOT of time over at my place with me, hmm, I don't know.

13. @narcho-Skinhooligan

Nov 25, 2011

She is nesting brother.... Steaking out her turf. But that might not be a bad thing....

14. @narcho-Skinhooligan

Nov 25, 2011

HAHAHA I mean "Staking out her turf." Don't want to offend any vegan comrades out there....

15. anarchoskin69

Nov 14, 2010

haha, consider me "offended", just kidding. but yeah, my roommate saw that girl's pillow in my room and asked me what it was, and when i told her it was my date's she kind of pulled her face into something not so nice. roommate is taking me grocery shopping tomorrow since she offered to take me and I don't want to ask the girl I'm dating, and besides, the girl I'm dating has five papers due Monday for college. its weird how many "domestic" things me and my roommate do together like grocery shopping, even though we're not romantically involved, she had to point it out to me one day while we were washing dishes together.

anyways, your jokes did help me get through! :) my marxist-leninist-maoist friend and me were making similar jokes after the break-up as well. hey @narcho-skinhooligan, when you coming out here brother?!?! the midwest is calling your name... !!! haha, yeah, so we're landlocked, i dont blame you for not wanting to visit. St Louis is actually not the same as home(Chicago)... anyways, back to drawing for art class.

16. @narcho-Skinhooligan

Nov 25, 2011

Glad I could make you laugh Bro. As for the remarks against the Anarcho-Primitive thang goes, I have said before on here that I respect the many Anarchist currents in the world. (Well all but Anarcho-Capitalism & National Anarchism, which I don't consider real Anarchist beliefs anyways. Don't get me started on all those assholes!) I believe they all hold SOME valid criticisms of the System in one way or another.
    As for visiting Bro you never know.... But don't say that too loud. The Illumined Interdimensional Demonic Reptilians can hear you!! :lmao:
    as for your Marxist buddy, sounds like a RedSkin in the waiting!!!