Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Looking for a good introductory crust comp

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by skippyskipalot, Jan 12, 2013.

1. skippyskipalot

skippyskipalot New Member New Member

Jan 12, 2013

HI- I'm big into punk/hardcore/metal, but don't have a great crust punk comp that includes the cornerstones of the genre. I have records by amebix, doom, nausea, napalm death, sore throat, discharge and some of the bigger more-well-known groups, but was looking for anyone to recommend some great comps so i can learn more about the crust life-style. I've seen some of the Death to False Punk comps online, but all their links are dead. Thanks!

2. crustybeckham

crustybeckham Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 22, 2012

I doubt they will be of any use as far as "the crust life-style" is concerned, but I would strongly suggest the following classic compilations:

- "A vile Peace" Lp and "Hiatus" Lp both released on Peaceville in 1987 and 1988 respectively, they are not all "crust" but you find most of the usual suspects on them (Deviated Instinct, Axegrinder, Doom, Electro Hippies, Sore Throat, Hellbastard).
    - "Crust and anguished" cd, released on MCR in 1993. It has a good selection of early 90's crust (Misery, Sarcasm, Disrupt, Destroy!, Hiatus, SDS...).
    - "Whispers" double Lp + Ep released on Skuld releases in 1994. This one is absolutely fantastic as it includes pretty much all the Skuld bands at the peak of their game (Hellkrusher, Naytia, Hiatus, Fleas and Lice, Corpus Vile, Dystopia, Accion Mutante, Misery, Counterblast, Doom, Jobbykrust, Zygote...).
    - The Japanese Amebix tribute could be a good one if you are into that sound (AGE, Zoe, Effigy, Acrostix, Life). There are other worthy crust comps from Japan though ("The darkest 4" springs to mind).

3. skippyskipalot

skippyskipalot New Member New Member

Jan 12, 2013

Thanks so much- I'll track these down. I appreciate the recommendations.