Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Oi Polloi?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Anarchy Forever, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Anarchy Forever

Anarchy Forever Active Member Forum Member

Nov 3, 2012

I was just wondering, considering their "T.H.C." album, are they pot supporters? Or is the album just a big sarcastic joke?

Im not trying to be stupid but i can't find out on my own.

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 13, 2011
     Canada
    I don't know their exact stance on it, but I've got a good guess. I haven't actually listened to their "T.H.C" album, but when I saw them play here a couple of years or so ago, they played the song, and I was under the impression that it was a pro-marijuana song, advocating for legalization and whatnot. Then some goof in the crowd was all like "yeah, fuck straight edge". Then the singer from Oi Polloi immediately responded with "No, I have great respect for straight edge people".

As with my opinion, and probably the opinion of many people here, there is nothing wrong with people who use substances (as long as it doesn't impose negatively on others), and there is equally nothing wrong with people who abstain (such as myself). People are going to have different preferences and lifestyle choices, and everyone's is fine and should be respected. I'd imagine Oi Polloi have a similar view on the matter.

3. persona-non-grata

persona-non-grata Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 9, 2010

they explain their stance on the matter quite well on the "alive and kicking" album the singer says: "we personally are not straight edge we like to drink and sometimes to smoke the herb BUT we have respect we respect people that are straight edge we respect this lifestyle but we also expect that they should respect us"

so yes the song is a pro legalisation song :p :ecouteurs:

:ecouteurs:

nutz!