Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Black Flag album:My War and Hitlers book my war.

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Utopian, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Utopian

Utopian Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 9, 2012

Sorry for the complete idiot question but didn't hitler named his book my war,has this something to do with black flag?

2. apples&onions

apples&onions Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2012

I doubt it. Fascism is a state of perpetual war. My war I'm pretty sure was referring to personal conflict with the society we live in.

3. slother

slother Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 27, 2011

I think Hitler's book was called my struggle and I have never heard of Black Flag being involved with Hitler in any way.

4. crustybeckham

crustybeckham Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 22, 2012

Didn't Hitler play in Black Flag at some point? Or was it Mussolini? I get lost all the time with all these dictators time-traveling to play in punk-rock bands.

5. xhdrx

xhdrx Active Member Uploader Forum Member

Jun 8, 2012

Um..Mein Kampf is "My Struggle" which is basically his autobiography about how he struggled before he joined the german workers' party.

Black Flag's "My War" is more of an album in which the lyrics discuss about personal problems (ie "Being at War with Myself") and it's a clear departure from Damaged, with a tighter vocal delivery, a doomy and omnious sound and longer songs with influences from jazz and Black Sabbath. Besides, for a band that named itself after the anarchy flag its ironic isn't it?

6. Hobbes

Hobbes Member Forum Member

Jun 10, 2012

Your thinking of Stalin, bro. Hitler played with Skrewdriver.

7. @narcho-Skinhooligan

@narcho-Skinhooligan Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 25, 2011

Wait, I thought it was Franco who played for Black Flag??!! :ecouteurs:

8. crustybeckham

Jan 22, 2012

No, Franco only did a stint for Discharge on vocals because Pinochet was in the hospital after getting into a fight with Ceaucescu who was roadying for the Exploited at the time.

9. Utopian

Utopian Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 9, 2012

yoa dudes i was just asking,this just proves what kind of idiots are on this site.

thanks for the people who actually answered the question :D

10. xhdrx

Jun 8, 2012

they're not "idiots", these guys are just joking. :S One guy made a joke and the others just added on to it.

11. crustybeckham

Jan 22, 2012

Chill out Utopian, it's just friendly banter. You have to admit that this was a really silly question, especially when you consider that Hitler was more a Minor Threat fan anyway.

12. Caps

Caps Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 3, 2010

This is the truth.

Although, the 'you're one of them' line sounds terrible if you consider it anti-semetic. However, Black Flag included Jewish members.

And don't worry, it was just joke amongst the others. It wasn't meant to be mocking you.

13. xhdrx

Jun 8, 2012

I always thought it was like "me against the world" and he feels that the people closest to him are secretly against him, that kind of introspective stuff. And Black Flag had a hispanic member and their producer (who is black) played bass for a while in the early days. So I still can't see why is "White Minority" a racist song when it's a parody. Especially when Ron Reyes sang it.

14. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Don't be too serious for your own good...

15. @narcho-Skinhooligan

@narcho-Skinhooligan Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 25, 2011

I agree with my man Punkmarr. & we were just playing around we were NOT mocking you Utopian. I try & respect ALL on APN period.
    I don't appreciate you calling us idiots.
    If I wanted to be mean I could talk some shit to you, but I am gonna show some class...

16. Veganarchy

Veganarchy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 10, 2009

...Untill Mackaye stole the lyrics for Guilty of Being White. Then he joined Black Flag, and wrote the whole My War album, wich is about his hatred towards sXe...later he drank him self to death.

17. apples&onions

apples&onions Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2012

This is amazing! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :/ :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: