Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

A Doom cover. For a Doom cover's sake.

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Anti-Corp, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Anti-Corp

Anti-Corp Member Forum Member

Feb 26, 2012

My band recorded this a couple weeks ago while recording songs for an upcoming split. There are no plans to release this track on any tangible format, so I am posting it around in different places. If you like it, cool. Pass it along to others. If not, that's also cool, Doom did it fine the first time.
    Thetan - Relief Pt. 2

2. hailfastcore

hailfastcore Active Member Forum Member

Mar 25, 2012

That guitar is easilily the ugliest thing I've ever heard. It's perfect.
    Good cover by the way!

3. Anti-Corp

Feb 26, 2012

No guitar. Bass/Drum/Vocal. No mas. And thank you.

4. hailfastcore

Mar 25, 2012

Then that near white noise is from bass!? That's eeeevvvvveeeen better. Name from Scientology?

5. Anti-Corp

Feb 26, 2012

Yup, all bass noises. Yeah, we took the name from Scientology. Definitely not their principals though.

If you're interested, we put our whole first record up on the web for free. http://www.thetan.bandcamp.com

6. hailfastcore

Mar 25, 2012

Dude. Absolutely awesome. I love it. What rig does your bass player use to get such sounds?

7. Anti-Corp

Feb 26, 2012

I'm the bass player. I split my signal into 2 channels, 1 low and one more shrill to emulate a guitar sound (the white noise stuff) I use an ampeg 8x10cab powered by a solidstate bass head for the low end stuff. And a sunn model t powering 2 8x4 custom built cabs. Along with a few pedals. I work in audio production here in Nashville so I was able to build a few things in my setup after hours at the shop I work at.

8. hailfastcore

Mar 25, 2012

Awesome, I got the impression after you mentioned it was only bass that of must run two amps, or that atleast for recording purposes, recorded two separate tracks to capture that. I'm very impressed I like it a lot. Do you use a overdrive pedal? I use a really low end gk called the Backline. It's not a bad head. But really I was sold on not having to keep track of a od pedal. I was in a shoegaze sort of band for awhile and now prefer to haul as little equipment as possible.

9. Anti-Corp

Feb 26, 2012

Most of the stuff on the recordings were done live. We overdubbed an extra shrill toned track to give it texture. The solidstate head I have is a hartke which I'm sure you already know is one of the cheaper amps. In a perfect world I'll find an unmarked envelope full of money and buy an svt head for the low stuff, but until then, I can't really justify spending too much more money one gear right now. As far as overdrive pedals go, I use a boss blues driver for the low stuff and just got an amptweaker tight metal pedal for the higher stuff. (although I used a metal zone on all of our recordings so far, I got the amptweaker pedal like a week after we recorded the stuff that the Doom cover was done with.)

Did you play bass on the downpour stuff linked in your signature?

10. hailfastcore

Mar 25, 2012

Yeah, it's not the best recording.I was still finding my tone when we recorded that. I've wanted to do Live recording for downpour. to capture our noise a lot better. People think we just spliced sound clips for the little bit of noise we have. It's actually a monotone delay noise maker put thru a solid state combo. and the noise is a hefty part of our set. But we were still "finding ourselves" in that recording.

11. Anti-Corp

Feb 26, 2012

The bass tone sounds pretty bad ass. Very gnarly low end. Is that with the gk?

12. hailfastcore

Mar 25, 2012

Yeah. I use a 90's peavey fury. They have amazing bodies, but the sound lacked umph. So I put fender p pick ups into her. I use the gk head with the onboard gain. I use a acoustic 15 to give me a buttload of low end, and put a amped 4x10 ontop of it to give it lots of punch live.

13. Anti-Corp

Feb 26, 2012

Any touring plans?

14. hailfastcore

Mar 25, 2012

We've got some ideas on touring. But we've got a few new songs and are mostly concentrating on doing a new ep that really shows people what we can do. Our guitarist Ashley has some pretty good ideas.

15. Anti-Corp

Feb 26, 2012

That's awesome. Hit me up if you guys ever want to play Nashville. Or if you want to get the new recordings mastered.