Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

chaos punk?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by (A)ndy, May 31, 2011.

1. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    LOL... Yeah right... You obviously don't know me. :lmao:

Looks like the "16 years old anarchist who never been laid and spend his life on the internet" is useful because without him you wouldn't even be able to post this bullshit on a website he created ;)

2. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

And now its on.

3. Bentheanarchist

Bentheanarchist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

[​IMG]

4. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

Someone you upset, Ungov? What I don't get is: Doesn't this guy realise that by actually signing up here anon, just to take a poke at you, makes him look like the biggest loser since Custor said " hmm, this looks like a good place to make a stand"?

5. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    :lmao:

6. Bentheanarchist

Bentheanarchist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

7. Ninjawizard

Ninjawizard Member New Member

Apr 30, 2012

Calling people racist. When they have a history of speaking against racism. Because of second hand information about things what they may have said during a dispute. Or because of a geo political comment which didn't mention race but countries (I thought the comment was stupid mind you) is stupid. It's something stupid teenagers do

8. Rumppan

Rumppan Member New Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Male , 41 years old
    Sweden  Sweden
    I know this is an old post, but got a bit disturbed of it:

isn't it all about starting chaos to get anarchy, in the society you have now? even if it means the scene. in that way you get rid of all thoose fake punx just wanna do a business around the scene. I mean, if no one have control over the kids and get's confused of what they're doing, you can't sell it as a package to the all-society-sellout warner brothers-emi-metallica-society, tell me if I'm wrong. but this was what bands like GG Allin and the murderjunkies, even the pistols stod for, but as all it didn't go for the pistols as it was planned.

and when you say "anarchy and order" it gives me the creeps and sound like a new fascist statecontrol... and isn't it all to be against the control of other people and their mind?

yes, I used to be a chaos punk back in the 90's, but I wasn't all disorder, I had a plan :)

9. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    I would also like to clarify a thing or two. As those of you who've read my introduction will know, I too was a street punk/ch@os punk. We weren't all mindless zombies pretending to be Sid Viscious. Yes, we had that "fuck you, leave-me-alone, mind-your-own-business" attitude because being a punk, on the one hand, gives you a certain kind of freedom. On the other hand it makes you a target. I felt the prejudice and intolerance every day. We were banned from practically every pub in town (not because we caused shit but because of the way we look), heard the stupid comments and threats of being beaten-up.
    But you know what? I didn't really give a fuck. We had each other. My best friend was a guy that most of you would consider scum (Avskum), his face covered in prison tattoos, in fact his entire body was covered in tattoos.
    He had my back and proved it more than once. We didn't go to venues to cause shit. We went because we love punk rock and all it stands for.
    Of course there were some idiots who didn't have a clue about what punk really means. That such people would be attracted to street punks is obvious - they are the most visible group of punks. But don't put everyone under the same blanket, so to speak. Inform yourselves before making judgements. Go up to them and speak to them, and you'll see that 90% of them will be happy to talk to you, whatever you look like. Just don't come to them with an attitude.

10. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    I'm talking about the 80s here, it might be different now. Where I'm staying now the punk scene is overrun by emos. Still now and again a good hardcore band or death metal band will play.

11. boxcan

boxcan New Member New Member

Feb 2, 2013

There is a HUGE misconception as to what chaos punk is and what this term means.

The idea of chaos anarchy in punk from the beginning had NOTHING to do with the Anarchism movement at all.
    The idea of anarchy was in the context of a state of absolute chaos and disorder. Chaos has to thrive to experience anarchy. This doesn't always mean a riot, mindless violence, or literal state of destruction but it is not the enemy of such ideas. It has infinite definitions according to this idea. The idea of anarchy in this definition idea was rooted in the post-modern principal of disproving regimented order through chaos that works(as seen in literature, arts, film etc..), the situationist ideas of critiquing ideology, and the egoist, discordian, chaos theory, nihilist, and post-left anarchist ideas of various peoples. There were tons of people who use the idea of what would be commonly referred as anarchy for such means. Gangs/Hackers, Dadaists, Occultists, decadents, mindless rebellious teenagers in groups even outlaw bikers etc..

The original punk bands and artists etc.. did embrace chaos anarchy in various ways.

Uk82 punk as whole was socially aware and left leaning however the same idea of punk was exaggerated as was the idea of anarchy for some non-political anarchists, again simply referring to the idea of doing whatever you wants as long can you can manage/no rules and self indulgence etc... as what the original bands shows etc.. on a more street level. Some not all were akin to that of the oi! groups, hooligans and so on more than before as punk less middle class and individualistic. The bands the exploited, disorder, chaos uk, chaos, the fits, special duities, etc.. and so on really believed this in some way at this stage 1978-1982 more so before lessening such beliefs. . chaos uk and disorder eventually went the path of leaning to “anarchism” and abandoning this mindset.

This also applied to the hardcore U.S scene in the early stages. Most bands took anarchy to mean the same. A lot of the violence and diverse style in bands was initiated by the idea of anarchy though chaos in many different ways. Not referring to just "riots" and random fights. A lot of the American punk bands never dressed punk or related to the original bands but still went along with this idea in some way. Almost all the original lineup of bands has this mentality. Circle Jerks, the germs, early black flag, , social Distortion, etc.. Later by 1983 on you did have a niche scene or series of bands that was leaning to the British bands; the fuck-ups, u.s chaos, useless pieces of shit, abunchoffuckingoofs. A lot of these types of hate-edge or street punks leaned towards the chaos

Most chaos punk as we know of today was rooted revival street punk which was big around the mid 90s to the early 2000's. This was a time when Rancid, Total Chaos, U.S bombs, Blatz, Blanks 77, Public Nuisance were becoming known and popular on different levels and so on where bringing back the UK82 and oi! style into popularity around 1993-2001 this was really popular. This was at the time when pop-punk/ska (green day, nofx, sublime), crust (thusla doom , nausea, aus rotten)and tuff guy hardcore (h20, madball,)were all getting pretty popular(some only in the underground and others commerically). Not all were exposed or could search out bands like today, so people were limited to certain bands, especially popular bands (either in your favorite underground zines or MTV) around that time.

A lot of those chaos punks that were mainly street or squatter/gutter punks took those loose ethos as believed to be the original messsage of punk and just adopted them. For some between age 10 and 14 didn’t help as kids that age gravitate towards “breaking the rules”. Others had different reasons for being into it.

Good example from is SLC punk. While exaggerated it does resemble that mentality that was rooted in reality.

As time went on a lot of these bands sort of watered down their image and style (ex. rancid and the causalities and punkcore bands) and when the internet was developed with enough filesharing sites and myspace and so on that the original scene really started to loose popularity and many of those original punk fans moved into more obscure crust/anarcho/d-beat/etc.. around 2005. Also most of the street punk bands and fans by then were really into the image and fandom more than anything else. The street punk style was being marketed around that time in popular fashion stores and being sort of cool in other scenes like metal and emo. A lot of the original punks into those bands back in 90s seemed to mature out of it which is why you don't find many sites or groups compared to the 90s. .

The only strains of anarchism that might have okayed chaos were the illegalists and the egoists, but still none of few to none ever mention chaos, and never is it included as a principal or part of anarchy if mentioned. There have been black bloc groups who embrace chaos but not as part of anarchism. Which is why this view of chaos anarchy has grown independent of anarchism. The term predated the anarchist movement, even if it original term no rulers never literally stated chaos, the term over time has and can imply it. (even if this origin was rooted as bourgeois description)

Post-left anarchists are the only ones that embrace chaos anarchy like hakim bey but these would came later after the rise of the punk movements.

12. lynch

lynch Member Forum Member

Mar 6, 2013

I have a chaos armband on one of my jackets, it's only a joke though.

13. zakkman666

zakkman666 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 20, 2012

The whole chaos thing gives real anarchists a bad name. Every true anarchist (non "anarcho-capitalist") I've met has always advocated peace. Chaos is the exact opposite of anarchy. Also "chaos punk" tends to be real fashionable stuff, where they spend more time doing their hair than they do writing meaningful lyrics, I find pop punk like Blink-182 and New Found Glory often have more meaningful lyrics than say The Casualties or The Exploited.