Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Anti-racist/fascist Oi bands?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Unite&Resist36, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Unite&Resist36

Unite&Resist36 Member Forum Member

Mar 15, 2011

Does anyone know of any? I'm trying to listen to more skinhead music, but obviously no white power assholes.

2. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Brigada Flores Magon from France were really good...

3. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

Hudson Falcons earlier stuff was good, their later stuff was all Rolling Stones meets Springsteen stuff i couldn't really get into. Their stuff was pro-union/pro-working class/anti-rich kinda subject matter. 'Working Class War" and "Basque In The Moonlight" were always two of my favorite songs by them.

4. Krusty

Krusty Member Forum Member

Mar 16, 2011

Curasbun Oi! is really good... they are from Spain i believe... Son muy del putas!!.. Reazione, Non Servium, (A)TRUTH has two Oi! songs... well those are good for starters..
    \m/

5. Phil

Phil Member Forum Member

Feb 24, 2011

Hard Skin mate. They are relevant and current. The old stuff is where it is at of course, bands such as Angelic Upstarts and The Business. I'm sure you have heard of the classic's huh? Not all of those bands are skinhead bands but deffinately worth listening to if you want to listen to Oi!

6. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Los Fastidios
    Loikaemie
    Non Servium
    The Partisans
    Oi valcans
    The Oppressed
    Sham 69

Brigada flores magon (fr)
    Brixton cats (fr)
    Bolchoi (fr)
    Hors controle (fr)
    Ya basta (oi-ska fr)
    Banlieue rouge (from quebec)
    Jeunesse apatride (quebec)
    Esclaves Salariés (quebec)
    The prowlers (quebec)
    Street troopers (quebec)

And you can also listen to non-political classic Oi! bands (anti-racist) like Cock Sparrer, cockney rejects, etc...

7. Phil

Phil Member Forum Member

Feb 24, 2011

yea. Some of those "non political" oi bands do have politics though. Just not identifiably political.

8. Warfiend

Warfiend Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 11, 2011

I can't believe nobody's mentioned Oi Polloi probably the most well-known anti-fascist/racist/anarchist oi band! I'm not really into oi but I do enjoy them The Oppressed, Los Fastidios and Bottlejob.

9. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    To me Oi Polloi is more anarcho-punk than Oi! .... they're not even skinheads

10. vjekoart

vjekoart New Member New Member

Mar 17, 2011

Maybe Perkele. They're from Sweden and they play Oi punk. You can guess their political views by reading what they wrote on their Facebook page: "ALL NAZIS, FASCISTS and SD lovers FUCK OFF!"

I was on their show in Zagreb, they're pretty good live, but problem is that inside the club were more nazis then anti-nazis.

11. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

Listen to "Unite and Win" :p

12. Unite&Resist36

Unite&Resist36 Member Forum Member

Mar 15, 2011

[/quote]
    Oi Polloi are awesome but i agree with ungovernable, they're not really oi.

13. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

I think most of the bands you mentioned above which are non-political and anti-racist are patriot. Perkele / Cock Sparrer / Cockney Rejects etc. I, personally, can't stand patriotic bands becouse on the shows there are more nazis then antifas, and the whole patriot idea is really insane.

I prefer Los Fastidios over other Oi ! bands.

14. Warfiend

Warfiend Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 11, 2011

By that logic most iconic Oi! bands aren't even Oi! bands. Hell, by that logic most punk bands aren't punk; if looks are the only things we're going on these days. Oi Polloi have gone through many different genres with Oi! being one (and a major one) of them.

15. DZA

DZA Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 30, 2010

I went to see Sham 69 last night, I didn't know much about em but thought I'd go and check em out because it was a free gig and we don't get many bands over here. Turns out Sham 69 are a bunch of racist nazi scums.

16. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

Really? I've read a big part of their downfall was denouncing their bonehead fans and playing anti-racist gigs, as alot of early Oi! bands had to do. They went one way, Skrewdriver went the opposite. Supposedly led to alot of arguing and the band broke up...something like that. But the story goes that Sham were anti-racist.

What happened that you think they're nazis now?

17. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

Yep, the band even describes themselves as "AnarchOi!". And seriously, since when did Oi! become solely "skinhead music"? I don't know what the hell Ungov is talking about here. If you look at pics of the original Oi! bands, most of them were not skinheads either. They were punks, as Oi! is just a form of Street Punk.

18. Phil

Phil Member Forum Member

Feb 24, 2011

Nope. Not true. Pursey spoke out against the NF and Nazis back in the day. Why do you say this?

19. Jameson

Jameson Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 29, 2010
     United States
    Sham 69 where one of the first bands to take a stance against having fascists at their concerts. They where originally a big part of the whole anti-nazi movement. I'm pretty sure they even played at the first Rock Against Racism show.

If what you say is true it probably has to do with Pursey leaving the band. I don't even know if the rest of the band are the original members or just some random douches in it for the ride. It could be another incident like the Vandals and just be a completely different group of people set up by the record companies to suck any profit they could out of the name.

20. Phil

Phil Member Forum Member

Feb 24, 2011

I think They headlined rock against racism in like 78. I should prob google that

15 members have read this thread this month

1. tigEr
  2. rOi Polloi
  3. Freak
  4. LydiaBat
  5. xcapspauldingx
  6. bruski
  7. kronstatic
  8. Spike one of many
  9. Meia HardKore
  10. Frito
  11. Starfighter