Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

How is your scene doing? Mine's deader than shit. (NJ)

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by DEADCOP_ONaROPE, Nov 25, 2010.

1. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

Chicago is getting by
    You get a variety of styles of punk music
    It spreads to the suburbs too

Midwest kids = Angry as fuck

2. Malignance_is_bliss

Malignance_is_bliss Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Jun 10, 2010

That's kind of how the scene is/was in the Albany area of NY. very clique-y. for a while bands just stopped coming.

3. AtomicKhaos

AtomicKhaos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 16, 2009

The scene is what you make it. YOU OWN IT!

This is all I hear in Buffalo. "Oh if there was more of this type of music.... Wah wah wah"

SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PICK UP A MIC, GET SOME PEOPLE AND LEARN SOME FUCKING CHORDS AND SMACK SOME DRUMS!

If you won't change nothing, WON'T NOTHING CHANGE!!!!!!

4. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

:thumbsup:

That's what makes punk so awesome

5. snookams

snookams Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 7, 2010

orange county may have been the home to The Middle Class, but it has been dead here for some time, and the nazi punks like to eat the carrion.
    once in a while we get old school bands like DRI who put on shitty overpriced shows. the young punks love to start 80's hardcore revival bands to the point where i want to slit my wrists. alot of ska shows here too....they're aight, it just kinda got killed for me. and of course we have the HUGE scene of straight edge conservative christians wearing champion sports clothes and picking up change (well, that's what their dancing looks like to me). the screamo/skramz scene is decent because it's decent in LA. whatever is cool in LA is cool in OC, and whatever is cool in San Fran. is cool in LA. god i fucking hate California sometimes....i mean there's punk here, but it's either shitty SXE or shit like Franki Doll and D.I. shows with the 40 year old plus punk rock elite....orange county is my baby and i want to kill it

6. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    :lmao:

7. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

oh god, you broke my heart... maximum apocalyptic overkill drama like when I found out that Siegi Hammer, former singer/guitarrist of munich's legendary Marionetz and responsible for my completely messed up youth as a kid punk looking for a hero way back in the early eighties - is now a "somehow or other" christian hermit, wearing a monk's habit and asking passerby's for small change - but I guess he hardly would notice it if someone would deliver him from his misery... huh! :ecouteurs:

8. snookams

Feb 7, 2010

oh shit i lol'd so hard. i'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not though....

9. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

he surely is...
    i met this legendary hero of my mates here some days ago while giving out food not bombs, i didn't knew about his famous past, we talked about punk a bit and i invited him to visit us - he was in a very desolate state and i just had pity for him. as he showed up a few days later, ol'gobbledigooks nearly freaked out - first out of joy, but quickly... i think he was kind of traumatisized... i doubt his life will never be the same again...
    Siegi Hammer and the Marionetz rose quite a bit in the early eighties, they were outstanding for the time - bavaria was always a somehow provincial backyard of everything else and hard to awake - but instead to continue with what they were up to, they started going for success - bang, end of career, they were almost forgotten until now.
    during this nirvana Siegi Hammer took every avaliable drug within his reach in every avaliable/unbelievable amount, and i guess he payed the price for that - he now claims to communicate on a regular basis with jesus and was saved because of this - and now gobbles heart is broken... poor boys...

the scene here is really not sooooo bad, a bit young, a bit without orientation and yes, quite a bit without places to go to, except for the official venues presenting the annual "elite punk shows". we have a number of bands, two of them completely female membered, but no adequate performance opportunities for them, some of the veterans try hard to organize more or less commercial shows - and fail miserably because the financial risks, it's just too fucking serious to work. maybe we should just do something about that, but with those broken hearts bleeding... :ecouteurs:

10. snookams

Feb 7, 2010

@ lil' apple....yeah i know the pain of losing childhood heroes of the various punk scenes. here in the orange curtain it happens almost daily....people and bands switch to nazism via the Aryan Brotherhood or PEN1 and bands sell out to more lucrative paying shows....or bands support the christian conservative nature of this area....all the while the anarcho/crust/grind and folk punk scenes which are basically holding the candle of new punk get put out or just stop playing shows around my area. Phobia is a good example...they haven't played a show here in years because of all the bullshit.

so much drama in the OC it's hard to be a D O double G

11. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

Thats what I call adding insult to injury - no respect for true feelings... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

12. starfreak

starfreak New Member New Member

Dec 4, 2010

i know this is going to sound pretty lame but the scene is pretty good in Davis CA we have a show the last sunday of every month and its a pretty good turn out

13. snookams

Feb 7, 2010

aww what!? you have a decent scene? so not punk

14. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

PEN1 and Nazi Low Riders can suck a fat dick.

15. CPT90805

CPT90805 New Member New Member

Apr 28, 2011

Here in the Compton/Long Beach/East LA Scene you have absolutely everything BUT Anarcho/Crust. The hardcore punk scene, is JUST getting by, with youth crew types and good old-school. The Street punk scene, in my opinion sucks, every single frontman has the EXACT outfit/hair/stage demeanor that The Casualties frontman has. There's a pretty good latino Ska scene, and a MASSIVE psychobilly and thrash metal scene. Not one Anarcho or Crust band, except possibly my band, that's just developing.

But the one thing I absolutely HATE is how much bullshit, the punk bands' lyrics are. What with the "Oi! Oi! Oi!, Lets get drunk off 40oz.'s and break shit!" The punk scene has some of the most close and absent minded, more-punker-than-thou-poseurs-who-fail-at-everything-they-try, violent, drunk shits.

16. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Yeah just had a great show in Long Beach 2 weeks ago with 3 other Anarcho bands, also Resist And Exist are from your area so not really sure what the hell you're talking about........? :|

17. CPT90805

CPT90805 New Member New Member

Apr 28, 2011

Well, never seen this side of my scene.. o_O I'm in the Paramount area, so most of the shows i go to are in east Compton or north LB, I never see flyers or are invited too anarcho shows, unless it's Steve Ignorant at the Pomona.. No

And I've heard some Resist and Exist, not too big a fan

18. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
  19. SOADcore

SOADcore Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 29, 2011

My Highschool in a rich, white suburb in Minnesota has one punk-ish guy. I call him that because he has nothing to do with Anarchy and his favorite bands are Green Day and Sex Pistols. For myself, I'm apart of the dying Metal scene that is infested with Emo and Scene kids. Its the same thing thats happening with Metal.

20. (A)ndy

(A)ndy Active Member Forum Member

Feb 5, 2011
     United States
    culver city is a dead zone.never seen another punk here. :/
    but dtla,south central,east la theres a show like everyday.lots of diff ppl:metalheads,punkers,psychobilly u name it.