Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

What annoys you when listening to a song?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Protspecd, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Protspecd

Protspecd Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

Just a topic to entertain. Basically name one or more things you hate in a song in a genre you like.

Mine would be something I have found with punk songs (not just punk but for the example I am giving..). Really long high pitch guitar feedback in songs, example, the start of 'the system maintains' on the Serenade is Dead EP by conflict. Hate having the sound up high and then ear piercing feedback destroying your ears haha. Anyways, what is a pet hate of yours with songs?

2. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

Usher

atlastitan likes this.
  3. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    A completely naked, drunk, and drugged woman that is insisting on listening to the Police's 'murder by numbers' when me and my friends are trying to listen to Disfear....obnoxious to the tenth degree.

atlastitan likes this.
  4. saturninesky

saturninesky Member Forum Member

May 27, 2010

Never before have I wanted to kill myself so badly when I heard a song. (that fucked up 'omg' one.) Even thinking about that song pisses me off in the worst way.

5. Mandi

Mandi Active Member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

When people keep trying to talk to me about absolutely nothing :ecouteurs:

6. punkerfucker

punkerfucker Active Member Forum Member

Nov 3, 2009

ha!totally dude...!that song is fucking retarded!

7. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Hidden songs that you have to wait 3 minutes with no sound before the track starts. Or live songs with a bunch of drunk guys in the crowd yelling bullshit over the song. Shitty intro songs. Shitty grindcore with tracks lasting less than 20 seconds. Some crass songs with weird noise for a couple of minutes before you hear anything worth hearing. Etc..

8. saturninesky

saturninesky Member Forum Member

May 27, 2010

Ah, definitely. Once I'd gotten done listening to a cd and I left it in the player. There was a hidden track that took like 8 minutes to get to and when it played it scared the shit out of me really bad...

9. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

I know!! it sounds like he came up with that in the toilet or something...

as for the topic question...songs that change tempos/rhythm all of a sudden...Propagandhi does that alot...

10. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

when i'm trying to listen to a dystopia album in my living room, and my family have all shot themselves after hearing the lyrics.

11. Wooly

Wooly Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 24, 2010

When my friends start berrating me about how No Cash is "Unimaginative, badly recorded garbage". Then they demand that i put on Metallica, again...

12. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: Metallicaca

13. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    words that you've heard rhymed together in a million other songs a million times before, though all of us lyric writers are guilty of it to some degree... :)

14. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Yeah, that has always bothered me about Crass. It's not even like soothing or anything before it starts. I don't mind weird "instrumental" intros if its something soothing preping me and making me anticipate the song about to be played.

15. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    I don't think Crass really gave a fuck about soothing anyone JC....... :lmao:

16. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

I know, just throwing out there what I personally enjoy.

17. dinscurge

dinscurge Active Member Forum Member

Jul 8, 2010

if its too slow, or too fast.. or to simple.. or too complicated.. not enough change.. too much change.. alot of stuff lol :p. depends on an individual riff/lyric/beat. but mostly when "professionals" dont know how to mix a damn cd and totally cut out all the bass or something..

18. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    or its all bass! Or the engineer force feeds you echo or some other lame ass effect on the vocals :ecouteurs:

19. Goretasm

Goretasm Member New Member

Jul 21, 2010

i hate that there is not enough cowbell !!! :lmao:

chokingvictimtweaker likes this.
  20. NoGodsNoMasters38

NoGodsNoMasters38 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 17, 2013

When bands feel the need to make songs that exceed 7 minutes, any and all pop music, when black metal bands try so hard that they just look ridiculous, when bands "diss" on other bands (I personally can't stand "Punk Is Dead" by Crass), when Anti - Flag, Chumbawamba, and Propaghandi sell out, when bands like Amebix go all goth (Sunshine Ward picks up about halfway though, thankfully), and when grindcore bands scream about killing people, it just sounds stupid.

7 members have read this thread this month

1. Arnold Malone
  2. punkmar77
  3. Charger Bullet
  4. Spasmolytic
  5. Red Menace
  6. CULTO DEL CARGO
  7. alekpanker