Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Johnny Rotten is now making publicity for the capitalist industry !!

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by ungovernable, May 13, 2010.

1. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    how about asking in that in a seperate thread then this one, since it has nothing to do with johnny rotten.

2. metalpunx

metalpunx Active Member Forum Member

May 26, 2010

The music and the movement are two different things. As a movement, punk is something more than music. As music... Its just rock and roll, with meaningful lyrics, sometimes used as a protest to the world. Sometimes, its just about signing songs about getting drunk and watching sports.

Let me ask you this... Imagine there's a musician who is an anarchist, who uses his music to spread his views, protests against capitalism and globalism, uses the money he has to support causes that are important to the "scene", is he a punk? What if hates punk music, and plays country western?

The marriage of music and movement is silly. Just because someone plays punk rock, doesn't mean they're part of the movement. Are the mainstream bands, that get rich off the music punk? Yes, they are, even if they're shitty pop punk. But they're not part of the movement - they're just people playing the music they like in the hopes of getting to live out the rock and roll nightmare. Of course, but not because they're fucking around with my scene. They piss me off is because they're turning art into a paycheck, and likely don't give a fuck about any of the suffering that's in the world that they could use their success to do something about...

Understand what I'm saying?

3. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

Give it some time, you'll figure it out.

4. t-bag

t-bag Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 24, 2009

The one thing i always loved about johnny is that he does what he wants to do,Regardless of who it is going to offend.
    I swear he would show up on The Celebrity apprentice simply for the sake of pissing off punks.

5. Bananaman

Bananaman Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 9, 2009

The funny thing is this TV commercial has been copied and now has a Serbian version...