Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Old Anarcho Punks never Die, they turn into Capitalist Peices of Shit!

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by punkmar77, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

what your saying is you don't care about him ahuh, tut for bringing it to the net, never goes down well, i know

and your taking what i said personally meh

people can find out information by word of mouth too, just because a guy talks to a women over the net is not stalking or creepy, well maybe creepy but not sexist, when people feel pushed into a corner actually or not they will do odd things but ok don't take my advice and don't put this stuff up here, oh wait you don't care, bye

2. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    I've never said that I don't care about him...stop putting words in my mouth ASA thats bullshit. I have said here and in print that we are celebrating his music and would wish for him to join us. He on the other hand chose to insult Vinnie in print calling him an 'Idiot'. I did expect to have differing views on here as we usually do and I respect that you would see his side of things...but that doesn't excuse his blatant capitalism when he called himself an 'Anarchist Punk' and demanded money from a tiny DIY label that offered him a choice between a stash of 7" of Diatribe or money. He's hanging himself by his own words and actions as the guy from Get Revenge is well respected in the International Anarcho Punk community. As far as telling me what to post and what not to post on here you can take that shit back to Profane Existance 'cause nobody on here is going to heed your often authoritarian rants as you seem to like to tell people what they can and can't do on AP.net. :ecouteurs:

GREEDY GREEZY BASTARD (Stark Raving Mad)

What are you going to do
    Who will you turn to
    When you don't have anything
    What are you going to do
    Who will care about you
    When all your money is gone

Is the money all that matters to you
    Is wealth and power all that you want
    What the fucks your bag, you scuz whore bitch
    Without love, you're a lonely, rich, peasant fool

You're a bottomless pit
    A life-sucking leach
    You can't feel compassion
    If gentrification
    Is your occupation
    You're a scum-sucking gutter troll

There is a black hole
    Right through your heart
    A hole in space
    That you can never fill

You're a greezy, greedy bastard
    A fucking obese pig
    You're a greezy, greedy fuck
    A sleezy piece of shit
    Wealth breeds corruption
    And corruption breeds hate
    Hate breeds war, war brings death
    Death, poverty, and destruction

If green is all you live for
    Greed is what you'll die for

.....if the shoe fits

3. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

um no don't put words in my mouth call the kettle black, its a manner of speaking not literal, i'm not taking sides at all and more has come out in the last post than any other, i can't mind read, don't be a board flamer cheers

u have called me 'authoritarian' and 'menta'l over ya last few posts(treehosue mentality - authoritarian by nature), good one, i'm laughing net noob muhaha

u want everyone to agree with you when this seems very personal, i'm saying, it does not work and is as bad as what he may or may not be doing, we are not involved but this is a forum of discussion so you should not have posted anything, really if u wanted a bipartisan view point or is the u.s. your world view

thought u wanted advice and i talk from my own experiances, tried to give it, i don't tell others what to do, it is merely opinion and geezus i don't take myself that seriously about inane subjects(not thisone) i merely poke tongues, my main arguments are usually about complaints over purchase which is just *cough on a board such as this, anarchy wat

do people on pf say i'm on their side or someit? i don't play that, haven't been there in abit so i wouldn't know nor do i care, am wondering as u seem to make broad assumptions of which i'm not even sure wat u allude too ahlf time meh, then you let cats out of bags, just wat an old punk wud do, 'i was here before you', ahuh, tell me someit i don't know oh and pass it on i don't need the attitude, i've been in bands too like woaa

in breakin news: my mum hates me

4. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Perhaps you should consider the fact that multiple members on here are starting to call you names, one could consider this a 'hint'.

With the lack of any grammatical relevance to your post, a seeming lack of grasp of semantics and horrible spelling, one could assume that there is some sort of problem within your brain in relationship to the fingers typing your messages, hence 'mental'.
    As for 'authoritarian' you do seem inclined to tell others what they can and can't do and seem quite quick to point the finger at people or actions you do not deem anarchist (enough).

Posting this on here doesn't damage the guy's reputation any more than he is damaging it himself. You seem to forget that word of mouth translates quite well to word of screen, just that this way it reaches more people over greater distances at once.
    As for the agreeing bit, I haven't see Punkmar stating that he is infallibly right and the other guy infallibly wrong in any instance whatsoever. He has merely stated that he doesn't condone or agree with the guy's actions.

Your complaints seem to be construed as veiled orders directed towards other members... That should clear it up a bit for you.

Never has Punkmar asserted seniority over you in this topic, nor have I witnessed it in any other topic where it was not of relevance to the subject and/or context. In this case it is relevant to neither and he has shown more than enough respect for your opinion, if you ask me.

Good for you. Now if you don't mind it seems like there's more people to add to your 'hate-list' as at least one of the members on here (guess who) is starting to get quite annoyed...

5. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

no 'hints', thats divisive oh and get fucked haha, now thats honest

i do wonder about ya avit quote, if u don't work for ya money...' ummm, yea wats work? please don't get so personal and quotey, spamaz, do u have anger issues :ecouteurs: *breattth :p

i disagree on the personal bit, when u include someone else its personal, i can't be bothered quoting, this is a non argument, all i did was try to offer some advice as had simllar experiances, geez, yes i didn't make that clear but i alluded to it, soz

punkmar has been cheeky as fuck towards me, i should know, thanx, i don't take it personally just throw it back when get 'cheap shot' wide aspertians dierctly chucked in my face as it were, u r welcome to your opinion :D

stay annoyed, i've already said that, thats your issue to deal with, i think u have issues :lmao: drugs i reckon/that is a wide aspercian cheap shot, soz, have a nice day - rudey

6. Spider

Spider Experienced Member Experienced member

Sep 3, 2009

In terms of live performance of material he has no leg to stand on, if you recorded your own versions you could even sell them as long as you paid him his publishing based on percentage of co-authorship in the copyright documentation.
    More importantly, he does possibly have some legal standing in terms of use of the name (passing off and all that) But if he has no legal ownership of the band name under his name, and he left the band by choice, then it could be seen as a meer lineup change. Vinnie had equal rights to the name as all the other band members, when he approached them in regards to gigging, picking things back up they declined, effectively leaving the band and relinquishing their rights to the name. Unwritten Law (poppy i know but a good example) doesn't actually have any of it's original members still in the band, but are able to continue playing under the name. As no wierd zombie incarnation of diatribe has continued, and the other surviving members relinquished said membership when approached, Vinnie should realistically have legal rights to the name.If it was Australia that would work, US law may be different but most music law is fairly uniform (except in the us publishing is cents per track instead of overall percentage, so if you did record old diatribe stuff, what you would have to pay this jerk would be next to nothing.)

7. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

this is wat i was alluding too, if he had hand in name he has rights, if he wrote whole songs and ask them not be played, he has rights, i don't agree wit hhis actions but better to stick it in his claw and play with the law as it were like he'd like too, best served cold not get yaself in hot water with a noob.

8. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

ASA, I have no doubts what so ever that the one with issues here, are you.

9. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    Asa, why are u so damn confrontational? trying to fill the void left by jack and cocytus?

10. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

why do you focus on me :ecouteurs: poor argument, why when spider states the sameish thing as i, that i get jumped down my throat, non argumant, movin on

11. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

I have done my best to bring any and all of my arguments politely and as least belittling or insulting as possible.
    As for my signature, it's directed at multiple people, one of which might or might not be you. It is quite simply my overall opinion towards anyone not willing to work.
    Might I also add that your drug quote is irrelevant as I've done a grand total of 5 joints this, 6-7 balloons of laughing gas and 1 key of coke this year. I like my drugs, but as long as I don't have any cash to buy it with, I'll stay away from it.
    And yes I might have frustration issues, but it's kept me going for the last 23 years, where otherwise I would've given up.

12. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

cool

13. Spider

Sep 3, 2009

kinda ASA, but not really, i think my wording was a bit all over the shop. My basic synopsis was that Vinnie, Punkmar and co shouldn't have any problems whatsoever, and could even make 90% plus of profit on any new recordings they did of old diatribe stuff (not to get too commercial)

There are no laws pertaining to public performance of other peoples material so that's not an issue. Publishing in the US is in an habysmal state whereby it is paid cents per track, though they would still need to get permission by the copyright owners which probably wouldn't happen (but they can still gig and write new trax) And as for passing off (which is the only legislation I know of which pertains to use of band names) as all the other members relinquished thier membership when approached, they also relinquished thier rights to the band name.

In other words dude is full of empty threats so I'd ignore him or threaten him with your own legal action if he doesn't back off.

14. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

true i hope, i don't trust dickheads but yea worth a go and ignorance maybe the best policy in this regard

15. Wall1885

Wall1885 Member Forum Member

Feb 16, 2010

Here's food for thought...
    A couple of years ago Steve Ignorant (of Crass) decided he would perform live the Crass album 'Feeding Of The 5000' almost 30 years after its release

Penny Rimbaud's thoughts on Steve doing that were 'I respect his right to do it. I just dont see the point'

Penny seems to accept that the bands (Crass') output was a collective effort of all those that had input- whether writing, recording or performing

I'm not really into Penny's musical tastes since post Crass but he still has integrity in my opinion- he still practices what he used to preach (I dont really mean preach but I'm sure you get my meaning)

for some rebellion, anarchy, punk or what ever you want to name it, are a lifestyle for others it was just a band wagon to jump on at the time

16. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Difference being S.Ignorant made money from it and Penny still didn't go all capitalist about it, and thank you for bringing this example up as it has loomed very large in my mind during all this...funny thing is Mr.Martinez actually tatooed a Crass logo on himself which I know doesn't mean much but I would think at least it would be a reminder.... :/

17. Spider

Sep 3, 2009

International example of the rights of you guys.

A friend of mine used to play in a band called Little River Band. These guys were fairly huge and got a good deal of international success. Towards the end of their run they employed a new lead singer as their one at the time had taken off to pursue solo success.

Not long after this they decided to call it a day and left the band and came back home to Oz.

This singer was not involved in the writing of any of the songs, nor was he involved on any recordings, but unbeknownst to the founding members, he had continued to try to operate as "the little river band" in their absence (rather unsuccessfully I might add)

Jump forward 20 or so years, The original LRB boys decided it would be fun if they got together and did a tour of their old stuff as "The Original Little River Band". Somehow, this little shite hears about this and puts the veto on it as he is still operating as LRB, and calls this as passing off. LRB thinks this is fairly ludicrous and takes it to court, only to find that by leaving the band, they relinquished their right to the name, and that they were legally unable to tour as that band, even though this guy wasn't getting any gigs, and they had booked out a tour.

They went to the media, made people aware of the situation, and now tour successfully as "Bertle, Shorrock and Gable" but the point is, even though this guy had hardly anything to do with the band, he was found in a court to have legal rights over the band name. If you get taken to court, quote this case in reference to your situation ie approaching them first etc and i don't see how you could have any problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.