Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Best bands you've seen live.

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by SurgeryXdisaster, Oct 28, 2009.

1. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

No particular order:

Amebix
    The Adicts
    Cheap Sex
    U.K. Subs
    Millions of Dead Cops
    Cock Sparrer
    Bad Brains
    Krum Bums
    LCB
    Leftover Crack
    Osaka Popstar featuring Marky Ramone

thats all i remember for now
    GO

2. Rabbit

Rabbit Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 26, 2009

SUB|HUM|ANS were amazing
    same with Caustic Christ

3. Link K2B

Link K2B Experienced Member Experienced member

Oct 27, 2009

King Blues were just amazin. If you don't know them, they're a ska-punk band from the UK, anarchists though you wouldn't call it anarcho punk by any stretch of the imagination. Stirrin stuff mind.

4. Hex

Hex Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 22, 2009

by far the best band i saw this past year would have to be

Fall of Efrafa

beyond that, i can't choose.

5. belA

belA Member Forum Member

Sep 15, 2009

Malazlar and Oi Polloi were really great at live... :thumbsup:

6. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

I work at a small concert-stage about 10 miles from where I live and most of my Saturday-nights are spent there either working or visiting. The best band I've seen there was Van Katoen, it's a Dutch band with basically only one constant member if I recall correctly (he'd be the vocalist). Their lyrics are usually inspired by all the wrongs in the world and they use quite a bit of slang.
    None of that actually made them the best band to see live for me, however. The singer got off stage with a wireless mic and started mingling in what passed for a crowd, talking to people in between songs and including the audience in the actual show. This made it very enjoyable to watch. At the time I had a long hair which I spiked up in sort of a question-mark (top-view that is) and he commented on stuff like that for instance.
    Also there's a French skate-punk band I saw at a local festival TheUncommonMenFromMars, again they included the audience which was great, climbing over the barriers to play their guitars among the crowd, etc.
    And last but not least Joe Buck Yourself, Joe Buck's solo-hellbilly-project, again for the interaction.

7. n0iseterrorist

n0iseterrorist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 5, 2009

Dropdead
    Tragedy
    Napalm Death
    Riistetyt
    Morne
    Wolves IN The Throne Room
    Bolt Thrower
    Catheter
    Skitsystem
    Infernal Stronghold
    Impaled
    At The Gates
    Kohu 63
    A.P.P.L.E.

8. Rathryn

Oct 21, 2009

Aw man I was working with Wolves in the Throne Room, even tho I was working at the venue I didn't catch most of their act.

9. bear saw

bear saw Member Forum Member

Oct 12, 2009

I havent heard of any of these bands above, except for Bad Brains. Am I mistaken in that they are one of the few black punk bands? Or is that another? some bands that I have really enjoyed seeing live are Throbbing Gristle, The Goslings and Lightning Bolt.

10. n0iseterrorist

n0iseterrorist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 5, 2009

i have permanent ear damage from seeing them haha

11. Rathryn

Oct 21, 2009

Look up the 'Afro-Punk' documentary, that has more info on 'black' punk bands and general 'black' counterculture.

Now THAT I can imagine, I was real glad with the earplugs they gave me... it was LOUD.

12. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Appalachian Terror Unit
    Dropdead
    Phobia with Extreme Noise Terror
    Resistant Culture
    Anti-Product

Those were probably my favorite one-band playing shows, festivals have always been the best though.

13. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Cheap Sex fucking blew for me, the singer is such a toolbag and degraded woman at the show i was at. He was complaining about the food, or bathroom or some stupid shit at the show backstage. But the guitarist was a cool guy and The Virus (The singers original band) was a better band, more true to the roots of punk. Cheap Sex, to me, the whole image they had, the rockstar b/s blew.

14. SurgeryXdisaster

Oct 8, 2009

Yeah i agree. Mike virus is kind of a douche. But they were one of my favorite bands at the time.
    I talked to Johnny O. who now plays for Lower class brats, he was a pretty nice guy.
    The Virus was much better off with out Mike virus.

15. SurgeryXdisaster

Oct 8, 2009

Ill be seeing Phobia very soon

16. Link K2B

Link K2B Experienced Member Experienced member

Oct 27, 2009

Also, not really anarcho-punk but there's a band called AMEN who are just fuckin spellboundin live.

There's a few bands called AMEN, this one is basically just Casey Chaos plus an ever changing musical support. They were really big in Europe a few years ago and headlined quite big festivals while bein unsigned and pioneered givin away music for free online. Musically they're halfway between punk and metal I'd say, check em out, huge back catalogue of amazin stuff.

17. NGNM85

NGNM85 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

I really can't think of any gigs where I was really disappointed, at least not by the headliners. (Although I've sat through innumerable shitty openers.) So it's hard to choose... Morrissey would be at the top of the list, especially the first few times I saw him, last time the setlist was really sub-par. Sex Pistols would also be at the top of the list. Billy Idol was great live, he did a wicked long encore. Social Distortion was also great. For smaller gigs, I'd say Subhumans, or the Trouble, and a few local unknowns.

18. Extinction

Extinction Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 1, 2009

Sunn O)))

LOUDEST BAND EVER!!!

Seriously, I couldn't hear for over a week after the show.

19. Bananaman

Bananaman Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 9, 2009

Most fun I had at a punk concert was seeing Sotatila/La Fraction/Pisschrist back to back in 08. Some other memorable concerts Catharsis in 2001 and Ristisattoo a few years ago.

20. decaysvegan

decaysvegan New Member New Member

Oct 29, 2009

Here in Australia we probably don't get as big a choice of really good bands to see. But in 1980 when I was sixteen The RAMONES toured here for the first time. I'd never seen a live band in my life and it was the most fantastic experience. Other great overseas bands that have played great shows in Sydney were the DEAD KENNEDYS, CONFLICT, PROPAGHANDHI, BUZZCOCKS, ANTI-FLAG, STIFF LITTLE FINGERS, TV SMITH and just recently the UK SUBS. Great Australian bands I have seen include the KELPIES, THOUGHT CRIMINALS, POSITIVE HATRED, VIGIL-ANTI, HAPPY HATE ME NOTS, FEEDTIME, ITCHY RAT, ROCKS, BLITZ BABIES, TOYS WENT BESERK, (AUSTRALIAN) X, EXSERTS, and lots of really bad ones.