Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Looking for some new bands (very picky)

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by holytoaster, Nov 20, 2014.

1. holytoaster

holytoaster New Member New Member

Nov 20, 2014

So I have been looking for some new punk bands to download and listen to on my mp3 player while i'm out. Nobody around where I live can seem to help me out. I can usually pick around and find good songs I when I'm online but I have over listened to everything I have downloaded. I like the energy of punk hardcore but I want energy and (at least some) harmony and clarity. I don't like clashing instruments/bad vocals - I hate it when a band just plays fast tempo and then there is just some guy incoherently yelling in the background. Instead I prefer interpretive talking or no vocals. Here are some bands and songs I like:

dead kennedys - police truck, i am the owl, chickenshit conformist, cesspools in eden, trust your mechanic, etc most of their songs (dead kennedys is the best example of bands I am looking for.)
    social distortion - pretty much every song, particularly before they got more rocka-billy but i doubt similiar but not them would make me happy.
    misfits - scream, helena, dig up her bones, decending angel, london dungeon, ddmd, etc but most of the old/danzig songs meh
    nofx - the separation of church and skate, the decline, herojuana, suits and ladders, hotdog in a hallway, my vagina, best god in show (but not most of their songs)
    I'll try to add to my list of songs i like after I get back.

So yeah, things like that.

2. 363

363 Active Member Forum Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Male
     United States
    Try the Pandora! That thing's the jam!

3. Anton-One

Anton-One Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 30, 2012

One of the best new Uk punk bands are Autonomads they are tuneful check out tracks like breadline britain and 'our Elizabeth' (a song about bringing back the guillotine for our "benifit cheating Queen") I'd post them up here but I'm on a computer where youtube is blocked at the moment.

4. Anton-One

Anton-One Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 30, 2012

5. charlesbabage

charlesbabage New Member New Member

Apr 15, 2015

I have not know about these bands have you some links or videos of these one of bands so share hare firstly i listen then i say something....but have a good question :D

6. Flex Fallout

Flex Fallout Member New Member

Jan 28, 2013
     Germany
  7. RememberGlencoe

RememberGlencoe Experienced Member Experienced member

May 12, 2014

Boss, I like it! Gartenflak especially :D

8. anarchyhc

anarchyhc New Member New Member

Aug 13, 2014

try nerorgasmo and check out their lyrics

9. Yosemitepunks

Yosemitepunks Member Forum Member

Apr 16, 2015

I always put my favorites on my blog www.ear-stress.blogspot.com
    I wouldn't say all of them are my favorites but I do enjoy all of those that I post.