Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Provide feedback for my song?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Some Guy, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Some Guy

Some Guy Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 13, 2011
     Canada
    Hello, my friends

Is there chance anyone would be willing to listen to 2 different versions of a song for a band of mine and provide some feedback on them? The song is only about a minute long. I’m doing a really cool and fun d-beat recording project with a friend from Ireland (who is doing the vocals), while I’m recording the instruments.

In short, everything is basically done. Except we have 2 considerably different mixes of the songs, and my friend and I aren’t really agreeing on which one to go with. We even have a great label releasing this EP, but this whole mixing ordeal is somewhat delaying releasing this.

I’ll upload the 2 versions here to be downloaded. My version has a bit more of a raw/noisy sound to it (version 1), while I find the other sounds much cleaner/almost garage-y and a bit too digital sounding for my liking. So if anyone could provide even just a quick thought on these songs sometime soon, I would really appreciate it!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ured4 ... +Mixes.zip

Regardless, whenever the EP is done, I’ll be sure to upload it here for free for anyone who might be interested in it.

2. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    Hi, Some guy. It's weird, my first impression was that the second mix sounded better, as you said it's cleaner but then I listened to the first mix again and this time it sounded so much better after hearing the second mix! While mix #2 does sound cleaner, it also sounds too thin and "over-equalized". Mix #1 sounds more powerful, rawer and more "bassy". If I had to choose between the two, I'd go for #1 but maybe you could mix #1 a bit more but not as drastically as #2 to get the best from both worlds.

3. Havran

Havran Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 22, 2012
     Czech Republic
    Hi. I'd go with the version 1, sounds better to me :). Nice music btw, your friend has good voice :)

4. Kobac

Kobac Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 7, 2009
     Denmark
    Both versions are interesting in their own way, but i would go for version 2.I dunno for me is slightly better.
    Looking forward for your EP \m/

5. Some Guy

Some Guy Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 13, 2011
     Canada
    Thanks for the feedback!

I find it's sometimes a bit difficult to evaluate your own work, because there's bound to be certain degrees of bias and potential things that I don't notice. So it's good to hear feedback from other people, especially punk fans.

In this case, my friend and I decided to mostly go with version 1, but use the drum tracks from version 2 (which sound much clearer). My friend and I are both happy with combining parts of both mixes.

6. Rebellious twit

Rebellious twit Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 21, 2012

man i like this song, first version is better..i actually think it's more cleaner than version2.

do post some lyrics it's fucking good as fuck!, i would even buy a album haha :thumbsup:

7. Trevis

Trevis New Member New Member

Dec 23, 2014

Fresh on the heels of a European tour and stop at NYC's Latino Fest, Mexico City's CRIMEN follow up their 1st LP and 7" with their 2nd album, available now on cassette. Expect the same ugly hardcore from their previous records, this time with a more developed sound that takes a nod not only from Swedish D-Beat but also dark post punk. Their best album to date, and the bass work is unstoppable. This release is bittersweet though, as it was supposed to be an LP co-released with Discos Enfermos (Spain) and Dogma Destroyer (Mexico) and out in time for their May European tour. However, at no fault of the labels, a middle man to the Spanish pressing plant ripped off Discos Enfermos. Not knowing if the LP would ever see the light of day, we knew this had to be released on some format because it's fucking awesome.
    - See more at: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=17124#sthash.FOyAWg1L.dpuf