Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

All Ages DIY Venues for A Dying Scene

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by cleofis, Aug 23, 2013.

1. cleofis

cleofis Member Forum Member

Jun 28, 2013

in my neck of the woods, all the all ages spots have started to disappear, quickly; long time diy house spots have been attacked by the city and other places (art galleries etc) have cut ties with the punk scene. it's becoming a bar scene, which is shitty. there's a lack of community at bar shows (harder to create a safe space..), they're less fun, they cost money, and it's 21+. this problem has started to fall on other houses in the community who don't necessarily want to be "the house venue" due to personal reasons and keeping the house steady.
    so basically i've started this thread for new ideas on starting new projects as far as venues goes (keep in mind my city is not easy to squat, so much so the morale for doing it is low and not seen as something achievable or tangible).
    so yea, let's talk.
    :ecouteurs:

2. Mothman

Mothman New Member New Member

Feb 7, 2013

Hey I'm looking for bands to play an all ages event ( Mocktoberfest, Vallejo ca)
    that is supporting youth music programs in Vallejo. If anyone is interested please call me. 415-378-4732

We are modeled after 924 Gilman

No racism, no sexism, no drugs, no booze, no violence

A unity if sound.

Thanks,

TJ