Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Rudimentary Peni / Southern Remasters ???

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by punkmar77, Aug 8, 2013.

1. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Great for the fans and the band... sucks for the fans and the band? Southern will no doubt now apply the same capitalist tactics to free downloads of all your favorite RP releases as it did to Crass' releases last year when it single handedly wiped out hundreds of mediafire accounts and literally destroyed hundreds of great blogspots .... :@

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 1232_n.jpg

2. Kobac

Kobac Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 7, 2009
     Denmark
  3. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    I wouldn't be surprised to find another controversy behind this later on, like the way Crass was split down the middle by Southerns greedy decisions.

4. deadzenmen

deadzenmen Member New Member

Jun 25, 2014

Aside from the money issue, I'm tired of punk remasters. Half the reason a punk record works is the sound of the band at the time with their equipment, lack of money, bad studios, a sense of desperation and all the things that work at one time in one place. A Nine Inch Nails album can get remastered, a punk album needs to be left alone. I don't know if they have but if Southern remasters Death Church, well, I don't know what I'll do but I won't like it one bit.