Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Black Flag Co-Founder Sues Ex-Bandmates Over Use of Punk Group's Logo, Name

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by ungovernable, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    Out of those bands you've mentioned I'm only familiar with Dead Kennedy's lyrics, which are really excellent btw, but I wouldn't really consider them anarcho, more socio-critical and critical of politics and state, religion, etc. Not anarcho though. And Bad Brains, don't ask me why :p , but I don't think they're anarcho either.

2. Kobac

Kobac Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 7, 2009
     Denmark
    That is my point Spike.They are not anarcho and in my opinion they never wanted to be anarcho bands, but they have had some of anarchists beliefs.

3. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    They definitely had some correllating critiques, stopping just short at the idea of abolishing actual government and I guess having Jello as mayor or president would be a whole lot better than what we have now, haha but that sure ain't anarchy :p I got your point btw :D
    As far as lyrics go, I guess what I said is not always true as you've pointed out Contravene and I'll just take your word for it :D . An even better example would have to be be Rudimentary Peni's "Pope Adrian 37th Psychiatrist" album. If you read those lyrics you'd never say they're anarcho. I read somewhere that the vocals for that album were recorded while Blinko was in a mental asylum as an outpatient I think.

4. Kobac

Kobac Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 7, 2009
     Denmark
    Rudimentary Peni publicly said that band doesn t have any connections with "anarcho" label and they never wanted that label.As for his album Pope Adrian 37th Psychiatrist, Nick Blinco recorded that album all by himself while he was in asylum because he tought he was a pope Adrian(guy was born in same place as Blinco)

5. THEBLACKNOVA

THEBLACKNOVA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    A AWSOME BLACK FLAG PIC....

[​IMG]

6. Rosetta Stoned2

Rosetta Stoned2 Active Member Forum Member

Aug 16, 2011

I believe it was Ron Reyes (my favorite Black Flag singer) who said in Decline of Western Civilization 1 that the Black Bars in the logo represented "Anarchy", but that was that. I never found anything else of them talking about their views on politics. Never really thought they were anarchists then and now.

I also find it funny that Keith Morris who was the first singer in Black Flag, took songs such as,"Wasted" and took it to his band Circle Jerks. But now Greg is getting mad. :lmao: hahaha Fucking Greg needs to stop being a dick.

P.S. I don't like Henry Rollins as a Black Flag singer....just thought I should tell you ya'll.