Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Anarcho Punk Bass Tabs

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Anton-One, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Anton-One

Anton-One Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 30, 2012

I've recently started messing about playing the bass. and I've discovered Bass Tabs, Does anyone know of any good websites that have anarcho punk Bass Tabs or any kind of musical tabs for that matter ? Maybe we should start a thread on here.

2. RememberGlencoe

RememberGlencoe Experienced Member Experienced member

May 12, 2014

bass tab sites can be sketchy, wildly different tabs for the same simple song, lots of pop up ads. I looked up the tabs for Blitzkrieg Bop and got 40 different versions on the same fucking site. So I gave up on that simple song. ultimate-guitar(dot)com is a site I've used for a few tabs. It's ok, but it doesn't have much of any punk. Punk bands tend to not have this sort of thing out there. Obscure bands in general are problematic like this. Lyrics, tabs, even pictures just aren't on the internet to be found. You're best off contacting the bands themselves and asking them how to play it. That's the great thing about punk. You can just send them a pm on facebook or some shit and they'll tell you and be thrilled that someone likes them enough to want to know this.
    However, if even that fails, just chug open strings as fast as you can. Chances are that's about it. You might even be accused of overcomplicating it lol
    a word of advice, play finger style. it hurts and it's slower than a pick at first (with practice it's faster), but it sounds better, is easier in the long run, and is much kinder to your strings. play just like your first two fingers are walking.
    t. bassist

3. david123M

david123M New Member New Member

May 14, 2015

I've recently started messing about playing the bass. and I've discovered Bass Tabs, Does anyone know of any good websites that have anarcho punk Bass Tabs or any kind of musical tabs for that matter ? Maybe we should start a thread on here.
    - See more at: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=17332#sthash.rpgqNgrZ.dpuf