Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

The Meatmen

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by RememberGlencoe, Dec 14, 2014.

1. RememberGlencoe

RememberGlencoe Experienced Member Experienced member

May 12, 2014

I was on wikipedia, researching some bands that are gonna play Black Christmas this year at the Magic Stick, when I noticed something odd. The Meatmen, headed by Tesco Vee (one of the founders of Touch and Go) used to be signed to a former subsidiary of Virgin records, now owned by the slimy parasites at Universal Music Group. The label is called Caroline records, they used to put out experimental stuff (that Richard Branson made money off of). They tried to shoot a video and ended up (supposedly) intentionally blowing 20k. Anyways, I know Touch and Go refused to put out their first album, I know Caroline records is corporate, and their album with Caroline sounded mainstream (supposedly) as a parody. I am almost certain this is a sellout, but I'm hoping that this isn't the case. Does anyone know them? Are they on the up and up? Should I boo them if I end up going?

2. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    We're the Meatmen... and you suck! Wasn't that a side-project of some members of Minor Threat?

3. RememberGlencoe

RememberGlencoe Experienced Member Experienced member

May 12, 2014

A few guys from Minor Threat were in it as sidemen for a while I think.

4. hareem

hareem New Member New Member

Jan 3, 2015

nice well thanks to share your experience...