Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Chaos UK - 1984 - Short Sharp Shock (12")

Discussion in 'Non-punk anarchist music' started by izlude7980, Jan 28, 2010.

1. izlude7980

izlude7980 Active Member Forum Member

Jan 27, 2010

Hardcore Punk

http://www.mediafire.com/?zzvmzm22nj0

Chaos UK - 1984 - Short Sharp Shock (12")

1. Lawless Britain
    2. Living in Fear
    3. Detention Centre
    4. Support
    5. Control
    6. People at the Top
    7. Global Domination
    8. No One Seems to Really Care
    9. Farmyard Stomp (Again)

RECORD INFORMATION

Short Sharp Shock
    Release Date : 1984

First pressing with black and white sleeve and Pay No More Than ₤3 on front cover. Includes double sided photo and thanks list insert. Record label has the song Farmyard Stomp listed as Farmyard!... Boogie!? [Extended Discomix-Hyperdub Version].
    LISTEN ON YOUTUBE FIND VIDEOS MORE DOWNLOADS

Chaos UK Biography

WEBSITE
    UK Punk band from Bristol.
    Formed in 1979 with an initial line-up of [a831047] (vocals), [a831048] (guitar), [a1923823] (bass) and [a2132922] (drums).

Band members: Gabba, Mower (2), Andrew Briggs, Fran Fearon
    Band ex-members: , Chuck (9), Simon Greenham, Andy Farrier, Devilman (2), Beki (3), Nige, Victor Dominicis, Adrian Rice, Marvin Gauntlett, Richard Potts, J. Cloth, Phill Thudd
    ---

Chaos UK is a hardcore punk band formed in 1979 near Bristol. Consisting of Simon on vocals, Andy on guitar, Kaos on bass, and Potts on drums (although the band has been through many different line-ups over the years with Kaos as the only consistent member). Their lyrics deal with topics such as unemployment, economic recession, drinking, infanticide, distrust of government, the police, and authority in general.

After what can be described as the first or classical period, in which the band released two 7inch EP's (1982), contributed to the 'Punk and Disorderly' (1982), 'Riotous Assembly' (1982) and UK/DK (1983) LP/Video samplers and released a self titled LP (1983) Kaos remained the only member.

The second LP, titled 'Short Sharp Shock' (1984), and the 'Radioactive' (1986) split LP which introduced Extreme Noise Terror to the world on Earache Records saw Mower on vocals, Gabba on guitar and Chuck on drums. This line up is considered the most hard-hitting and most productive and remained more or less unchanged until the late eighties/early nineties, with first Chuck and later Mower leaving. Gabba and Kaos/Chaos (now on vocals) remained at the core of the band.

In their more than 20-year career Chaos UK toured the world (including several Japanese tours, the first of which produced the Live in Japan album) played with bands such as Napalm Death, Extreme Noise Terror, Oi Polloi, The Exploited, Swingin' Utters, Misery, and many others. They also released over 20 LPs, EPs, singles, splits, and live albums.

They split up in 2007, the members moving on to other projects, like A.D. Rice and the Wazzucks, FUK and Sick on the bus. They are still living in Bristol drinking cider, a favorite subject of several songs throughout the band's history.

Read More...
    Disclaimer: this biography was gathered automatically through an external music database and could be inaccurate. We don't control the information found here.

Label - Children Of The Revolution Records

Defunct UK punk label started in 1984 by Tim Bennett.
    Sometimes listed as COR Records.
  2. disfuck

disfuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 11, 2009

the download link is code 13 not chaos uk

3. izlude7980

Jan 27, 2010

My bad. lol
    Thanks for telling me. I was a bit careless. But you know you should of sent me a message instead of commenting on this thread. I would of edited the original link but now I can't.

Don't download the first link!

Download This!:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?4noktmtozo2

4. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Chaos UK isn't really anarcho...

5. disfuck

disfuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 11, 2009

yeah but theyre not a bad band , like when people ask for shit like clit 45 and such

6. izlude7980

Jan 27, 2010

@ungovernable. That's why I put it in Non-punk anarcho music section.