Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

AOS3 - God's Secret Agent - 1993 (UK)

Discussion in 'Non-punk anarchist music' started by punkmar77, Oct 16, 2009.

1. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2020

AOS3 Biography

AOS3 formed in Sunderland, UK in 1990, taking their name from the initials of Augustus Owsley Stanley III, LSD chemist and sound engineer. The bands logo comprises interlinked anarchy, peace, Om, and Yin Yang symbols, which together spell out 'AOS3'.

In the early 1990s before the 1994 Criminal Justice Act the band played on the free festival circuit throughout the UK including the infamous Castlemorton. AOS3 also toured regularly with bands such as Radical Dance Faction, Citizen Fish, Culture Shock and Back To The Planet.

Part of the anarcho punk movement, AOS3's lyrics reflect the bands political stance. The songs 'Battle of Trafalgar' and 'Dubbin' Up a Riot' describe the 1990 Poll Tax Riot in Trafalgar Square, and the bands' cover of the The AK 47's 'Tottenham 3' protests the innocence of the three men wrongfully imprisoned for the murder of PC Blakelock at the Broadwater Farm Riot in 1985. Other influences are more esoteric such as the works of Robert Anton Wilson.

AOS3 split in 1995, and singer John relocated to London going on to form P.A.I.N with Phil from Radical Dance Faction. AOS3 reformed in 2007, and have since toured with Citizen Fish, and are working on a third studio album.

Band members also played in bands:
    Radical Dance Faction
    P.A.I.N
    Headjam
    Legion Of Dynamic Dischord
    less (London, England)

Myspace:
    www.myspace.com/aos3

Read More...
    Disclaimer: this biography was gathered automatically through an external music database and could be inaccurate. We don't control the information found here.

RECOMMENDED BANDS SIMILAR TO AOS3

Green Tea Monkeys

P.A.I.N.

Trio El Pablo

Campaloona

The Defense (uk)
  2. JaysnKP

JaysnKP New Member New Member

Jul 19, 2010

Re: AOS3 - GOD'S SECRET AGENT CD [FLAC]

:/ the link doesn't seem to be working. Hexagon.cc says that they couldn't find what I was lookin for. Could you help, please?

3. crowdestine

crowdestine New Member New Member

Feb 10, 2011

and.. shameless plug:) AOS3 are playing several dates on crusty Scrap Records Wreck N Roll Tour (alll-nighters ) in March - Sat 5th March, Bradford, Rios 7 Barry St, Sat 19th March at The Marcus Garvey Ballroom on Lenton Boulevard, Nottingham, and at Ice Father Nation, Commercial Rd, Shoreditch on Sat April 9th. Other old festie anarcho bands playing include Headjam and Posioned Eletrick Head, as well as famouse squat free festival band Here & Now. It's a mix of the old and new with anarcho punk and rave festival sounds under da roof. Most of the gigs will have info stalls for prop.

4. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States

Links fixed and replaced..... :D

5. Bopumpkinrecords

Bopumpkinrecords New Member New Member

Dec 15, 2010

these links arnt working for me... gutted, if anyone would like to re-upload // private link me at bo.paranoidpromo@gmail.com

6. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Link's fixed and replaced..... :D....yet again... :ecouteurs:

7. Bopumpkinrecords

Bopumpkinrecords New Member New Member

Dec 15, 2010

cheers mate! if you have a "wishlist" happy to return the favour

8. chazzo125

chazzo125 New Member New Member

Sep 15, 2013

Link gone again, any chance of a reupload please :D

9. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Hate to say it but this is probably the reason this is constantly getting deleted for copyright infraction...

http://aos3.bandcamp.com/music

can't find any valid links as of now and not sure I want to keep trying at this point :ecouteurs:

Also this on the bands fb page good news for AOS3 fans not so much for free downloads

https://www.facebook.com/AOS3official

10. Vulture

Vulture Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 12, 2015
     United States
  11. aint ashamed

aint ashamed Experienced Member Experienced member

Aug 22, 2010
    Male
     United States
    thanks much Vulture! AOS3, one of the greatest voices, for the cause of humanity!