Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

The Assassins - Demo - 1984 (UK)

Discussion in 'Anarcho-Punk music albums downloads' started by nclpw, Oct 26, 2012.

1. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

DOWNLOAD LINK

Login or register to view download link (it's free!)
      External download. Please report any broken link by posting a reply to this thread.

Tracklist:
    1. Arson
    2. From the Gutter
    3. Genocide
    4. Poetry of Tears
    5. Ronnie’s Bomb
    6. Summer in my Heart
    7. Red River Run Deep

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJWpkten1SQ&feature=plcp&noredirect=1[/video]

*I noticed the bio wasn`t quite right, so here`s their myspace page.

RECORD INFORMATION

Face The Winged Assassins: The Demos (1982 To 1984)
    Release Date : 2023

Digipak.
    LISTEN ON YOUTUBE FIND VIDEOS MORE DOWNLOADS

The Assassins Biography

W.A.S.P. a.k.a. WASP is a Heavy Metal band formed in 1982, Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

The group's title is an acronym for "We Are Sexual Perverts" as shown in the [url=https://www.discogs.com/WASP-WASP/release/1301774]first press vinyl's runout of their debut album[/url].

The band is led by vocalist/guitarist/songwriter Blackie Lawless. They arose out of Los Angeles's glam metal scene and gained notoriety for their over the top stage shows, which included the band throwing raw meat into the audience, scantily clad women on stage, and Lawless's spark-shooting codpiece.

The group's first single, "Animal (Fuck Like A Beast)" brought further infamy.

The band was commercially successful throughout most of the 1980's but also caught the attention of parent's groups, most significantly the PMRC. Lawless continues to record and tour under the W.A.S.P. banner with various line ups.

In the 2000s, he reclaimed the Christian faith of his youth and subsequently began toning down his stage shows and censoring some of the lyrics to some of his older, more explicit songs during live performances.

He has also publicly stated that he will no longer play "Animal (Fuck Like A Beast)" due to his religious faith.
    ---

1.UK Punk Rock band from the early 80's famous (for me anyway) for their track on the Mortarhate compilation double LP "We Won't Be Your Fuckin' Poor". Other bands on that album were Conflict, DOA, The Fiend, Political Asylum, Toxic Reasons, etc.

2. In 1986 Jim Thackery began touring with The Assassins, a six-piece original blues, rock and R&B ensemble which he had previously helped start as a vacation band when The Nighthawks took one of their rare breaks. Originally billed as Jimmy Thackery and The Assassins, the band toured the U.S. Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, South, and Texas regions.

The Assassins released a variety of recordings on the Seymour record label, two on vinyl (No Previous Record and Partners in Crime) and the 1989 CD "Cut Me Loose".

Washington D.C.'s Assassins serve up a musical deli platter on their third album for the North Carolina-based Seymour label.

Led by guitarist Jim Thackery, a 14-year veteran of the Nighthawks, and vocalist Tommy Lepson, the Assassins deliver a steaming helping of rock, R&B, blues and gospel on "Cut Me Loose". Lepson's smoky vocals highlight the driving minor key blues "Keep Cool (Don't Be a Fool)", the gospel-drenched "Take Me in Your Arms" and the Memphis-style soul ballad "If You Go".

Thackery's bluesy guitar work shines on songs like "I'm Changin'" and the title track, though-to their credit-the Assassins seem more interested in showcasing their songs than their considerable instrumental prowess. An album well worth hunting down for blues and roots music fans.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/jimmy-thackery#ixzz1wlQi6Jpc

In 2015, FX TV Show Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll created the "fictional" band named The Assassins, with Gigi (played by Elizabeth Gillies) as the lead vocalist.

Read More...
    Disclaimer: this biography was gathered automatically through an external music database and could be inaccurate. We don't control the information found here.

Label - Blazing Records (2)

Unofficial Heavy Metal releases.