Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

D&V - THE NEW BEGINNING

Discussion in 'Anarcho-Punk music albums downloads' started by Anxiety69, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    [​IMG]

http://www.mediafire.com/?nnk52imyyol

1 Jekyll And Hyde
    2 Beware O.T.D.
    3 Paradox
    4 Brain Pollution
    5 Espejo Espejo
    6 Outernational Sanity
    7 Todays Conclusion
    8 Slave Trade
    9 The Epsilon
    10 Viva La Causa
    11 Dignity
    12 Wake Up
    13 The Lions The Lead
    14 The New Beginning

RECORD INFORMATION

Convolution Shopping -- !​!​! A Rock Revolution​:​:​: Revolution Of The Rocks​:​: Block On Top (​[​absolute Ace Review Of The Idiot Dude;; Dudes You Follow' Imm Scratching My Life​]​)
    Release Date : 2023

• This release compiles most of John Oswald's infamous "[url=http://www.discogs.com/artist/170319-Plunderphonic]Plunderphonics[/url]" recordings, including the 1989 "[m=341431]" album, and the "[r=243243]" EP, which was never released. Tracks 1-13, 1-16 and 1-20 are from the [r=158330] album. • All main artist credits are one-shot fake musician anagrams used by composer John Oswald for a plun
    LISTEN ON YOUTUBE FIND VIDEOS MORE DOWNLOADS

D&V Biography

In Toronto (Ontario), John Oswald is director of research at "Mystery Laboratory" co-ordinating the creation of recordings for the “plunderphonics” project.

Oswald declared during an interwiew in 1994: "The definition I'd set up for plunderphonic was music that was recognisable in some way, and the transformation of that music. I think the most successful examples use music that is the most recognisable. It's more delightful to me to have these pop figures, and by pop I also include Beethoven, as the working materials. There are things that work as plunderphonics for me, I've got a tape based on Edgard Varese's Poeme Electronique, and had the same sort of experience of having changed round something that's very familiar to me, and there are examples on plunderphonic of stuff like that: Anton Webern, and Ligeti, and Cecil Taylor, and Captain Beefheart. But the ones that were most interesting to me were things like Bing Crosby, where you'd play it for somebody who had no great knowledge of all sorts of other things that were happening in the twentieth century outside of the pop mainstream, they'd have some sort of reaction based on that thing that's recognisable within it. The thing that's very nice in a way is that I think there is a bridge between things that are often ghettoised as being extreme twentieth-century avant garde techniques and pop music. The two things can coexist."

In [r=243232], Oswald defined "plunderphone" as "a recognizable sonic quote, using the actual sound of something familiar which has already been recorded. Whistling a bar of 'Density 21.5' is a traditional music quote. Taking Madonna singing 'Like A Virgin' and re-recording it backwards or slower is plunderphonics, as long as you can reasonably recognize the source. But the plundering has to be blatant. There's a lot of samplepocketing, parroting, plagiarism and tune thievery going on these days which is not what we're doing." He added: "The distinctive feature of Mystery Tapes is their anonymity. We don't tell the listeners who or what's on them. With Plunderphonics we tell all."

---

D&V was an anarcho-punk duo formed in Sheffield, UK by Andy Leach on drums and Jef Antcliffe as vocals. The group released their first album entitled The Nearest Door on Crass Records. D&V's music is unique in that it consists of just drums and vocals. The group went on to release a second album in 1984 entitled Inspiration Gave Them Motivation To Move On Out Of Their Isolation with a refined and considerably more developed sound, also, additional vocals by Crass' Eve Libertine and Joy de Virve.

Line Up:
    Andy Leach - Drums
    Jef Antfliffe - Vocals
    Joy de Virve - Vocals

Discography:
    The Nearest Door
    Crass Records 1983

Inspiration Gave Them Motivation To Move On Out Of Their Isolation
    Crass Records 1986

Snare

Read More...
    Disclaimer: this biography was gathered automatically through an external music database and could be inaccurate. We don't control the information found here.

Label - Not On Label (GrlCHEXXIT!! Self-released)

Seeland Records is an independent record label launched by Negativland in 1980 with a release of self-titled debut album. The name of the label is derived from german krautrockers Neu! third's album called r=135067.

Most albums in Seeland catalog are self-released by the band, but occasionally they also publish works of fellow artists, including Bob Ostertag, John Oswald, Evolution Control Committee, etc.
    Read More...

RECOMMENDED BANDS SIMILAR TO D&V

KAMIJO

D'espairsRay

摩天楼オペラ

lynch.

Versailles
  2. underbeat

underbeat Member New Member

Oct 24, 2009

Thanx!

3. szoszo

szoszo Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 6, 2018
    Male
    Pest megye, Hungary  Hungary
    Thanx!!!

4. The Hat

The Hat Experienced Member Experienced member

May 29, 2019
    Illinois, United States  United States
    Always wondered what they sounded like. Thanx.