Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Diatribe - The Black Parade Lp - (U$A/Mexico)

Discussion in 'Anarcho-Punk music albums downloads' started by punkmar77, Sep 29, 2013.

1. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States

DOWNLOAD LINK

Login or register to view download link (it's free!)
      External download. Please report any broken link by posting a reply to this thread.

[​IMG]

Track List:

1. Karama
    2. Screams Of Consciousness
    3. Reduced To Fear
    4. The Deluge
    5. Black Parade
    6. Emblem
    7. You Are The Fuel (Killing Machine)
    8. Fraternal Order (Of Hate)
    9. It's Not A Question Of...

These songs took forever to record and finish and it was a lot of hard work...with <3 from Diatribe to APN

RECORD INFORMATION

The Black Parade LP
    Release Date : 2013

Released on MP3, WAV, FLAC on September 29, 2013 on the internet only @ http://www.anarcho-punk.net Further Vinyl releases pending.
    LISTEN ON YOUTUBE FIND VIDEOS MORE DOWNLOADS

Diatribe Biography

WEBSITE
    The first documented D-Beat genre band from the USA was Diatribe from San Diego. Firmly entrenched in the US hardcore scene the band formed in 1984 and recorded the "Aftermath" EP in January 1985. The EP was characterized by a raw early-Discharge musical style with lyrics focusing on the horrors of nuclear holocaust and war. Diatribe did a nationwide self-organized US tour in the summer of 1985 which included a show at CBGB's. Diatribe's music has been covered by contemporary D-Beat bands and the Aftermath EP has been the subject of vinyl and CD bootlegs. The band also appeared on numerous cassette compilations and the "We Won't Be Your Fucking Poor" compilation LP on Mortarhate, UK.

Band members: Vinnie Udo, Mar Moreno, Sean Collie, Julius Martinez, Gary Gadsden
    ---

Diatribe is the name of more than one artist
    Also see Diatribes.

1) Diatribe was a coldwave group from San Jose, California which was active in the 1990’s and signed to Re-Constriction. They had a sound similar to 16 Volt and Chemlab, integrating synthesizers and vocal samples with more traditional rock instruments. Their song “Therapy” was used in the film Strange Days but does not appear on the official soundtrack album. . They put out 2 EPS (Therapy and Nothing), a single (Ultracide), and a self-titled LP.

2) Diatribe is a San Diego California hardcore punk band formed in late ‘84,one of the first political bands in the states, their style is similar to that of Discharge, Crucifix, Broken Bones, Iconoclast, English Dogs…etc they recorded The Aftermath EP (tape) in ‘85 which was also bootlegged in ‘92 on Revoltation records as a 7”EP and has since then been released in ‘07 by Get Revenge Records as a 7’’ EP.The band is working on new material and has shows set up for 2010.

This San Diego band became one of the first political punk bands in the U.S.A. They quickly started creating mayhem around town.They played they’re first show opening for D.O.A. and Abrasive Wheels. The band soon found themselves playing shows and sharing the stage with great bands like Conflict,Subhumans,Iconoclast,SNFU,Broken Bones,Battalion of Saints. The six song Demo tape “AfterMath”was recorded DIY for only 25 bucks.The Demo got rave reviews and the band soon had a strong following.A tour of the states was soon to follow.

This 7” EP on Get Revenge Records contains the six-song “Aftermath” demo, Diatribe’s only widely circulated recording. One track from it, “I’m Your Leader,” appeared on the Mortarhate 2xLP compilation “We Won’t Be Your Fucking Poor.” The demo was bootlegged circa 1991 on vinyl 7” by Revoltation Records in the UK, with one additional song called “The Day I Was Born,” obviously from a different recording session. Oddly, the order of the tracks on the Revoltation bootleg is not the same as on the original cassette. (The present reissue doesn’t use the original order either.) The Revoltation bootleg was coveted by lovers of raw punk, but even with the extra track, it is made obsolete by this reissue, which has much better sound quality. In fact, the sound could be better than surviving original copies of the cassette, as the vinyl was mastered from the original reel. The music is fast, with a redoubtable crunchy guitar and a perfect reproduction of the Discharge songwriting formula. “Hellish Inferno” actually seems to pay homage to Crucifix’s “Prejudice,” but mostly it’s as if Diatribe weren’t listening to much other than Discharge—though they covered Conflict live. A couple breakdowns slow the tempo (and induce hard-pitting in the living room), but mostly the music is fierce and relentless. No other American drummer played a d-beat in the ‘80s as convincingly as Diatribe’s (who, you may not have known, was African-American). So: you need this reissue. It’s great, and long overdue.

Other than “Aftermath,” Diatribe’s recorded history is something of a mystery. Tape traders have circulated a two-song demo with “Free the Animals” and “Glorious War Games” on it. “Free the Animals” begins with a tedious sample about vivisection, but then it turns out to be the same song as “The Day I Was Born” on the Revoltation bootleg. “Glorious War Games” begins with a Reagan sample and the song calls to mind the “Another Religion Another War”-era Varukers. There is another version of “Free the Animals” also circulating, dated February ’86, which is clearly live and inferior to the supposed second-demo version.Unfortunately, none of these additional recordings is available with good fidelity; deterioration of the tape is audible. Do high-quality master tapes still exist, as for “Aftermath”?

The list of American hardcore bands influenced by Discharge would be long indeed, even though “Discharge-style” hardcore is most often associated with Finland and Sweden. Still, there’s a Discharge influence—Battalion of Saints, Poison Idea, SSD—and there’s a Discharge influence—Crucifix, Iconoclast, and, best of all, Diatribe. Though from California and nominally peace-punk, Diatribe didn’t actually fit in well with the categorization. They came later than Crucifix, Against, and The Iconoclast and their sound was much more hardcore than Another Destructive System or Treason—though not as metal as Final Conflict or the late ‘80s crust bands that came after them. Peace-punk, in its varied forms, took hold in Southern California ( Orange County, Los Angeles, and San Diego), San Francisco, and New York more so than anywhere else in the States. True, these regions were home to the largest scenes, so there was room for more varied subgenres among the legions of punx, but I believe something about the character of these places lent itself to this appropriation and Americanization of a British musical invention. Southern California, with its huge Latino population butted up against the vapid celebrity culture and, in turn, the xenophobic Republican stronghold of Orange County (which produced some of the most violent original American hardcore bands), is rife with contradiction that would be fruitful for a punk lyricist trying to relate Discharge’s lyrics to his own everyday life. San Francisco, on the other hand, has always had the feeling of being aloof, disconnected from the rest of the country due to its liberal politics and queer culture, which themselves actually alienate many. Finally, New York is a crazy bouillabaisse of these cultures, but unlike any other, with so many immigrants, so much corporate money, and yet deep social isolation in the midst of a billowing metropolis. Perhaps there is no explaining it, but to me, Diatribe, from San Diego, seem like they couldn’t have originated anywhere else. Their earnest belief that what they were doing was a radical political (anarchist, animal rights) project, an educational mission, combined with the horror-themed song “Psycho Killer,” captures perfectly not just the adolescent punk rock worldview but the contradictions of Southern California. Unlike The Iconoclast, Diatribe never had any of the (hippie-esque) dark, acoustic peace punk stylings. They played nothing but pure raging d-beat raw punk and matched the music with strong political beliefs.

Today, their pro-vegetarian and anti-vivisection attitude seems much less radical than it must have in 1985. What interests me most is their message, written in an autobiography (rather than interview) in Maximum Rocknoll in 1985, about border conflicts and why Latin Americans emigrate to the United States. At the time, not many bands were talking about this issue, which is obviously still highly contentious today. Diatribe write: “If all the money spent on border enforcement went for housing and food, everyone would be better off. If American companies exploiting the resources of Central and South America stopped, people wouldn’t be forced to leave their homes in search of food and jobs.” It’s funny how these lines from this anarchist punk band constitute a much more intelligent analysis of the “immigration” issue than can be found in much of the mainstream press today. I believe that the band was so accurate because they were from San Diego, a city that has been forced to confront the injustice that has led to illegal immigration for far longer than the rest of the United States. Diatribe’s intelligence about this issue demonstrates their essential “California-ness,” and maybe shows one reason why punks formed bands of this type in California and not in other places in the United States. Of course there were many idiotic ‘80s hardcore bands from California, but that only throws into relief what a breath of fresh air the anarchist bands were.

The band recently reformed at the end of 2009.
    Watch for new music and upcoming shows.

Free tracks can be downloaded at their offical website,
    http://www.myspace.com/diatribepunk

3.) With in memory of tomorrow the five Paderborner guys are presenting a very versatile hardcore album, far away from deadlocked structures. 10 songs have been forged together with a lot of independence which convince from beginning to end and pull one into their spell. The production is first class - one can tell straight away that a lot of devotion and intuition has gone into it

4) .Diatribe is a UK post-punk band during the mid 1980s. They released the ‘17 and Dying’ EP on Criminal Damage records and recorded a Peel session in 1985.

Read More...
    Disclaimer: this biography was gathered automatically through an external music database and could be inaccurate. We don't control the information found here.

Label - Rancid Cat Records

RECOMMENDED BANDS SIMILAR TO Diatribe

Christ Analogue

SMP

H3llb3nt

Everything Goes Cold

Penal Colony
  2. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    Cheers! About fucking time! :rock: :ecouteurs:

3. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    I know right? Hope everyone gets a kick out of our noize...

4. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    Yesterday I downloaded the file and you must've uploaded the wrong file because it only had 2 songs on it, but I see that's been corrected because now I've got the whole album!

I really like this, and the more I listen to it the more I like it! It's different to the old classic d-beat style of Aftermath which is still awesome cos I just listened to both of them now. But I'm not saying either is "better" than the other, they're different and both are great in their own right (I haven't heard the split with Death Crisis so I can't comment on that). The d-beat is still there but most of the songs structures are more complex with slow-downs and speed changes but all in all it's faster and more furious than the old stuff! I also get a certain sense of impending doom and despair coming across on this album which adds a kind of urgency to the atmosphere. (which btw is a good thing)
    The vocals remind me in parts of some of those crazy Italian bands from the 80's - CCM actually came to mind on some of the songs and maybe not quite as crazy as CCM but crazy nonetheless :D
    I also liked the sample right at the start and maybe it would've actually been nice if the song had faded out back into that sample again? - (Or even into a reversed sample?)
    And the last song is just awesome! Everything just fits perfectly. Maybe you should make a whole song in Spanish some time. I'm definitely not disappointed, this album rips! \m/

Is there any chance you could post or link to the lyrics?

5. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Thank you Spike it means the world to me that people around the world (even if its only a handful) appreciate our efforts...cheers! Will post lyrics in the next few days...

6. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    KARAMA

There Is One
    Indispensable Need
    That We All
    Must Accomplish

But None More
    Than Our Sisters
    Oppressed By
    The Boot Of Religion

Karama In Egypt
    Karama In Palestine
    Karama In Iran
    Karama In Syria

7. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    SCREAMS OF CONSCIOUSNESS

Screams Of Consciousness
    Voices Echo In Your Head
    Screaming Walking Dead
    Mental Breakdown Every Day

'Till The End.....

8. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    REDUCED TO FEAR

Hostages Of Fear
    The "Terrorists" Are Near
    What's The Price
    Of A Human Life?

Deadly Destruction
    The World Is Lost
    The Final Cost
    Is Your Life..

9. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    THE DELUGE

--------------------------------------------------------------------english translation:

Nunca han pensado---------------------------------------------Have you never thought
    En el terror que han causado?---------------------------------In the terror you've caused?
    Enterrando sus colmillos----------------------------------------Sinking your canines
    En animales massacrados?-------------------------------------Into animals slaughtered?

Y tampoco han pensado-----------------------------------------And neither've you thought
    En el dolor que han causado------------------------------------In the pain that you've caused?
    Con sus prendas de cuero---------------------------------------With your clothes made of leather
    Y un mundo envenenado?---------------------------------------And a world thats now poisoned?

Piensen hermanos-----------------------------------------------Think my brothers
    En un cambio esforzado-----------------------------------------In a hard fought change
    Liberen las jaulas!------------------------------------------------Liberate the cages!
    Liberen sus almas!------------------------------------------------Liberate your souls!

Piensen hermanas-------------------------------------------------Think my sisters
    En un futuro cambiado-------------------------------------------In a future so different
    Sin sangre en sus bocas!-----------------------------------------Without blood in your mouths!
    Ni sangre en sus manos!-----------------------------------------Without blood on your hands!

Si uno por uno----------------------------------------------------If one by one
    Deciden su rumbo------------------------------------------------You choose your paths
    Como gotas de agua---------------------------------------------As drops of water
    Que llenan los lagos----------------------------------------------That fill the lakes

No hay nada fijo-------------------------------------------------Nothing is fixed
    Todo esta en flujo-----------------------------------------------All is in flux
    Caeran las costumbres------------------------------------------Traditions will fall
    Como deluvio del cielo------------------------------------------As if showers from the sky

10. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    BLACK PARADE

Can You Feel
    That Wind
    That's Pushing
    From Behind?

Blowing Out
    The Rotting Stench
    Of All That's
    Come Before

The Growing March
    Infectious In
    Its Joy
    Change Your Heart
    And Join Our
    Black Parade

11. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    EMBLEM

In The Absence Of Meaning
    All Directions Unknown
    You'll Cling To Your Emblems
    No Thoughts Of Your Own

Pushing And Pulling
    Consistently Moving
    What Are You Proving
    That Nothing Is Sacred
    That Nothing Is Right

Just Meaningless Symbols
    Convincing Weak Minds

Open Your Hearts
    To The Sunlight
    Don't Let Them Darken
    The World's Dark Enough

12. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    YOU ARE THE FUEL (KILLING MACHINE)

Slaves To The System's
    Killing Machine
    Driven By Hate Filled
    Human Beings

You Are The Fuel
    For The Killing Machine
    Crash And Burn
    On A Road Filled With Death
    Dead Mans Corner
    On A One Way Street
    You Are The Fuel

Diseased Minds
    Awaiting Final Decline
    Jackals Of War
    Machinations In Place
    The Aryan Solution
    Codified
    To The Modern Era

13. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    FRATERNAL ORDER (OF HATE)

Hiding Your Anger
    Institutionalized
    Repressing Our Freedoms
    Advancing Their Lies

Fraternal Order Of Hate
    How Can You Live
    With Yourself

You've Canceled
    Your Place On This Earth
    A Heart That's
    Shriveled And Cold

You Can't Even Stand
    Your Own Mind
    How Long 'Till
    You Murder Us All

14. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    IT'S NOT A QUESTION OF....

Que otra cosa quisieramos los revolucionarios, si no la paz? Pero no una paz inicua basada en la sumision de los de abajo a todos los caprichos, a todas las explotaciones, y a todos los abusos de los de arriba.

¡Si, queremos paz! Pero la paz que resulta naturalmente, sin forzamientos de la buena voluntad de todos los seres humanos, de producir segun sus fuerzas y aptitudes y de consumir segun sus necesidades; la paz que nace de mutuo respeto, la paz fundada en la igualdad.

What else would we revolutionaries love, if not peace? But not an unjust peace based on the submission of the lower classes to every whim, to every type of exploitation, and to all of the abuses of the upper classes.

Yes we want peace! But the peace that results naturally, without forcing the goodwill of all human beings, to produce according to their strengths and abilities and consume according to their needs, a peace born of that mutual respect, a peace based on equality.

This natural peace is our desire, not the artificial peace that results from being held at gunpoint.

After Hundreds Of Years
    Of Modern Complacency
    Nothing Is Changing
    It’s Not A Question Of...

Stuck In Cement
    With A View All The Same
    Nothing Is Changing

Theory Means Nothing
    When The Worlds A Façade
    Nothing Is Changing

Seeking Utopia
    Words Without Actions
    Nothing Is Changing

Why --- > Is It So Hard For You To See
    That You’re Part Of The Problem
    And You’re No Different Than Me

Why --- > Do These Differences Tear Us Apart
    If We Want The Same Things
    And We Have From The Start

Esta paz natural es la que deseamos, no la paz artificial mantenida a punta de bayoneta.

15. bcpunk

bcpunk Active Member Forum Member

Jul 2, 2013

This LP is rad and the songs are awesome! Keep up the good work! \m/ :ecouteurs: :a:

16. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Thank you... glad you enjoyed it, cheers!