Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

A.D.S. 1986 (L.A. Anarcho Punk)

Discussion in 'Music videos & Live shows' started by oceanyoga, Nov 8, 2013.

1. oceanyoga

oceanyoga Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 15, 2009
     Netherlands
    Recorded in 1986 in Los Angeles.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv2s7kvajh0[/video]

Another Destructive System (A.D.S.) was formed in the summer of 1985. We formed due to inspiration from bands like Conflict, Icons of Filth, Antisect, Discharge, Iconoclast, Crucifix, Trial, etc..We wanted more political-active bands to help spread the message of world oppression, animal rights, human rights, music exploitation etc..We felt we needed more bands in the Southern California area as the San Francisco scene took off and was already getting involved in the anarchopunk scene. We were mostly inspired by Conflicts way of direct action. We were not a pacifist band. We believed in unity among anyone who wanted to start getting active. We felt protesting with banners was fine but more needed to be done.We were part of a local group called Earth First among others, we were alsoinvolved in the anti-apartheid movement, believed in rights for all colors and sex. We found that Big Mountain and all Native Indian nations were a form of apartheid as well, due to the government taking what little they had left. We did many benefit shows for all our local communities whom stood for our cause. Our ideas and ways have changed and some of us wanted to do new projects. I for one felt the scene was too limited, it was like a circus with too many rules and what you can and cant do got very old for me.As in most anarchist people are very righteous and close minded and thereno better then everyday fascist or militant groups.So I had to step out and look at what i was doing and basicallyquestion myself and those around me. We also believed in doing things our way and ourselves as in promoting shows and not being exploited from promoters like Goldenvoice, believed that this movement belonged to us not the businessmen and they had no idea or cares of what we stood for, just wanted to make money. A.D.S. started A.G.C. a campaign for do it yourself , which also was a indie tape label/distributer of local/foreign bands.
    Category
    Music