Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

What annoys you when listening to a song?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Protspecd, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Rebellious twit

Rebellious twit Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 21, 2012

i can't stand too long intros and when you can't hear what the singer says...

2. Havran

Havran Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 22, 2012
     Czech Republic
    I hate unnecessary and boring solos on guitars. And when a song has like 2 minutes of some movie, as an intro, and the actual song is 15 seconds.

3. Paczilla

Paczilla Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 28, 2012
     United States
    high pitch male voices, and anything that sounds whiny.

4. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    -Cheesyness
    -too long intros/ too long outros
    -over-production
    -too much monotony (when all of the songs on an album are indistinguishable from one another)
    -unoriginality (not necessarily but I do like at least some originality)
    -too much guitar-wanking (some, repeat: some bands can pull it off. Textured leads are awesome, but less is often more)(sometimes really fucked-up leads are also cool!)
    -bad (not bad as in fucked-up, but as in bad) half-assed vocals

5. NoGodsNoMasters38

NoGodsNoMasters38 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 17, 2013

Oh yeah, and annoying fans that complain about the pit at a show.

6. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Over production, no mistakes, drums that sound like fucking drum machines, guitar wanking, cookie monster vocals where there are literally no distinguishable words, 17 minute songs! No thanks! :lmao:

7. Feliz

Feliz Member Forum Member

Oct 4, 2011

when the music is too slow and boring, especially if I'm on a concert and want some energetic music.

8. Paczilla

Paczilla Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 28, 2012
     United States
    for the 17 minute long song thing, what about Subhumans, From the cradle to the grave? Its an amazing song.

9. zakkman666

zakkman666 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 20, 2012

When there's a clip of a police siren, nothing kills my good mood like thinking there may be pigs in the area.

10. Punkgirl

Punkgirl New Member New Member

Jan 14, 2014

sang by another singer not the original one! :lmao:

11. IronBENGA

IronBENGA Active Member Forum Member

Jan 13, 2014

shitty-ass lyrics that don't match the instrumental and singers that sound like their balls have yet to drop. This is a real concern while listening HC. There is nothing i hate more than listening to that BAD-ASS intro, D-beats, bass and guitars exploding, when all of a sudden the vocalist starts whining about lost loves, ex-girlfriends on that flimsy fucking voice.

12. IronBENGA

IronBENGA Active Member Forum Member

Jan 13, 2014

Haha i imagine the picture: you chillin' with your headphones, then suddenly you take them off thinking the cops are at your door :lmao:

13. deadzenmen

deadzenmen Member New Member

Jun 25, 2014

One thing I hate is when all these goddamn remastered albums come out. One, because it's a money grab. But maybe more importantly, the mixes are often for shit. Two that come to mind are GBH's City Baby and some Adicts best of thing that had songs from This is Your Life - both sounded cleaned up like they'd been sterilized and, therefore, sounded like shit.

14. theAlienbrain

theAlienbrain Member Forum Member

Jun 22, 2014

That sounds alot like most metal stuff. Incoherent screaming from some guy who's trying to show off how much of a hardcore tough guy he is.

Anyway, it's terrible lyrics that kind of get to me. Especially when it's really pretentious, or about a subject matter that I just don't care about.

15. NoGodsNoMasters38

NoGodsNoMasters38 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 17, 2013

Thats a pretty big generalization considering the fact that there are billions of metal bands from around the world playing a vast variety of styles. Many of them (such as crust and thrash) are heavily influenced by punk.

16. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    sound skips, most of the time coming from bad vinyl rips
    hidden songs - this crap is annoying and i have to wait 5 minutes until the next song starts
    long guitar solos - if i want them, i'll listen to heavy metal

17. theAlienbrain

theAlienbrain Member Forum Member

Jun 22, 2014

Oh, I completely understand, and I agree. I'm really talking more about stuff that tends to get more mainstream attention. I should have specified.

18. RememberGlencoe

RememberGlencoe Experienced Member Experienced member

May 12, 2014

I hate it when bands think that they can just play really fast and not get in sync with the beat, you know? When everyone justs goes as fast as they can and hopes it works out. Or some punk vocalists that just shout the lyrics. Just the bare minmum effort. No attempt at emoting or sounding like anything. I was listening to Short Sharp Shock by Chaos UK a while back, ended up just turning it off. Felt like I was wasting my time.

19. Anton-One

Anton-One Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 30, 2012

One thing that really gets me reaching for the cd skip track button is out of time drums, out of time tribal drumming in particular. typical examples of this can be found on old Mortahate compilations etc

20. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Oi we're on an old mortarhate comp... :lmao:

7 members have read this thread this month

1. Arnold Malone
  2. punkmar77
  3. Charger Bullet
  4. Spasmolytic
  5. Red Menace
  6. CULTO DEL CARGO