Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

punk scene in indonesia?

Discussion in 'Indonesia' started by hermanus, Dec 12, 2012.

1. hermanus

hermanus New Member New Member

Dec 12, 2012

hello. is here someone who could tell a little bit about the punk scene in indonesia? we'll be flying to bali in 10th of january but probably will head to somewhere more east immediatly. would somebody possibly know what sort of punk happenings would be around there at 10.01-10.03? don't know yet about the actual places that we're gonna visit but this could have an effect on that decision pretty much. also could somebody recommend some noisy and chaotic HARDCORE bands from indonesia? or does anyone even read this??

2. JimMD

JimMD Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 14, 2009
     United Kingdom
    Hey mate,
    I spent a few weeks there in Sept./Oct. Vibrant scenes all over Indonesia (but get out of Bali ASAP - tourist hellhole). E-mail me and i'll point you in the right direction.

jimmd@riseup.net

Jim

3. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

4. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    Any suggestions of good bands?

5. anotherusername

anotherusername Member New Member

Dec 15, 2012

Twice Bar

Poppies Lane 2, Kuta, Bali , Indonesia

6. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

Damn, I didn`t see you posted that. I haven`t had a chance to check out the blog yet!

7. cimot

cimot Member Forum Member

May 4, 2010
     Germany
    Punk scene in Indonesia is quite huge nowadays, mostly In Java/ Sumatra island you can find everywhere. there are also Punks in Bali and even now they have kids which into DIY/anarchism and stuff.
    there my friend running a blog, he tries to document Punks in Indonesia.
    http://katuamidruta.blogspot.de/ from the blog you ll find so many worth band to check...
    and also, if you are in Bali 03.0313 my band is going to play there...
    www.kamiadapunk.wordpress.com

hope you find something!
    c

8. IamMe

IamMe Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2012
     United Kingdom
    on November 2011 in Indonesia police raided a punk gig arrested 65 fans and removed there piercings, clothing and shaved there hair off because of the threat to Islamic values. the punks were then forced into a communal pool (lake) to be spiritually cleansed.the punks then spent 10 days taking religious classes and learning military style discipline. the punks didn't change and if any thing it would of made them more rebellious against the system because the were being forced to do something they didn't want to do. it makes me realize how free we actually are in the western world even though we got people telling us not to do something police cant take this type of action towards us. we are free to speak our minds and dress the way we want. if you wanna know more there's plenty of info on Google http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/de ... ved-police

9. dee2211

dee2211 Member Forum Member

Apr 11, 2014

Indonesian punk scene is not small, but can't be bigger like any other countries' scene. Nowadays our enemies aren't military or cops anymore, but society or mass-organization. Sometimes we have to fight among ourselves too. The clash between street punks and anarcho punks is a classic issue, but it becomes better as some of each groups leaders grow older.

This is a video performance of my band, Black Boots. Here we have so many good bands from different cities in Indonesia. Anyone interested to seek any information on Indonesian punks can follow this link and hope you find anything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x-1hvA_1tI&app=desktop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oU46ZYaOw8

10. Erroristic-Subculture.com

Erroristic-Subculture.com Member Forum Member

Jun 14, 2022
    Hamburg, Germany  Germany
    up with it! I will go to Java in January, are there any ideas for pubs/clubs/punk hangouts?

3 members have read this thread this month

1. Erroristic-Subculture.com
  2. Charger Bullet
  3. Recoala